Doc to Go Problem

onejake

Reaction score
You guys beat me to it! But yes, we did release an update. I hope its working for all of you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jason
DataViz, Inc.

No need to apologize. You guys were aware of the issue, acknowledged it and fixed it in a day. Can't ask for better than this!

I might have to buy the full version now!

Pinshooter

Reaction score
Re-assures my faith in doc2go from previous uses on a palm, and winmo. Will be getting it for the Droid, too....

bigtuna

Reaction score
doc 2 go did not work for me

I don't know what the problem is but i can not download my excel files from my corporate exchange account I can only view them the problem with doc 2 go you have to save that attachment. Does anyone know a way around this. Its wierd because online i can save to my desktob but on my Droid i only have the option to OPEN the file and not to save. What do i do because i would love to be able to open the files. Anyone have a suggestion for me.

OP
barryp3403

barryp3403

Reaction score
I don't know what the problem is but i can not download my excel files from my corporate exchange account I can only view them the problem with doc 2 go you have to save that attachment. Does anyone know a way around this. Its wierd because online i can save to my desktob but on my Droid i only have the option to OPEN the file and not to save. What do i do because i would love to be able to open the files. Anyone have a suggestion for me.

From your e-mail message with the excel file attached select the view or preview button next to the file and select to view with Docs to Go. Once open in Docs To Go tap the menu button. Select File-> Save -> put in the name you want (otherwise everything gets the default name "attachment") and Save. This is how it works with regular e-mail. Let me know if this works for corporate e-mail. :)

mills23

Reaction score
I want to know how to put my files off my laptop on my droid.I can't figure it out. Any help would be great!! I have the full version too. I need to transfer excel files.

fredm74

Reaction score
Can't you just drag and drop your files from laptop to your SD card on the Droid? That is what I do for my music, photos and files.

-Fred

mills23

Reaction score
I tried that but it doesn't work with docs to go.

OP
barryp3403

barryp3403

Reaction score
I want to know how to put my files off my laptop on my droid.I can't figure it out. Any help would be great!! I have the full version too. I need to transfer excel files.
Why don't you e-mail it to the g-mail account you have associated with your Droid. Then from your e-mail message with the excel file attached select the view or preview button next to the file and select to view with Docs to Go. Once open in Docs To Go tap the menu button. Select File-> Save -> put in the name you want (otherwise everything gets the default name "attachment") and Save.

will.anaya

Reaction score
I tried that but it doesn't work with docs to go.

did you mount your droid to your pc?

this has to be done before you can transfer any files from the pc to the droid. sorry if this offends you, just covering all the bases.

just like fredm74 stated, after mounting, you can copy the file to your droid's sd card. i created a file for my docs2go so i dont have them just spread out all over my sd.

mills23

Reaction score
yeah i did that but it tells me that i have to use a sd card wich is in the phone but it says that i cant do it with the usb cable. it says to disconnect and try again.

mills23

Reaction score
Thank you barryp3403!!! That worked! But i will still need to get the files off my laptop when i dont have internet as i update them. any ideas?

Herb

Reaction score
Doc To Go, Droid, DataVIZ, Excel issue

I upgraded today and the Excel, cell, editing won't work. I can't get a cell entry to move-left-right-center. And no menu for horizontal or vertical alignment. Downloaded the Blackberry manual and the menu screen is different. Called DataViz for support; #1 in cue, no wait and music for 10 minutes where upon I hung up. Called back and canceled the program and asked for a refund. Has anyone using a Droid, tried to move cell data to either left, middle or right in a cell and find the menu that makes it work?

OP
barryp3403

barryp3403

Reaction score
I don't think you can do that.

I upgraded today and the Excel, cell, editing won't work. I can't get a cell entry to move-left-right-center. And no menu for horizontal or vertical alignment. Downloaded the Blackberry manual and the menu screen is different. Called DataViz for support; #1 in cue, no wait and music for 10 minutes where upon I hung up. Called back and canceled the program and asked for a refund. Has anyone using a Droid, tried to move cell data to either left, middle or right in a cell and find the menu that makes it work?

If you are looking to change cell alignment I don't think "Sheet to Go" can do that. You are better off editing in Excel and then sending to the Droid. Any sheet you create in "Sheet to Go" can be e-mailed to yourself, opened on the computer and then e-mailed back to the droid. "Sheet to Go" will keep the Excel formatting but it is really a simpler program then the full fledged Excel. Of course it is also cheaper, smaller and more portable then Excel.