Do you use your Incredible as an MP3 player?

PaulQ

Reaction score
It has plenty of storage but it seems like the stock battery would burn out very quickly. Does anyone use it as an MP3 player??

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I use a droid 2 as an mp3 player so I know the results could differ but the battery use is often not that bad. Tuesdays and thursdays I spend about two hours on the bus to get to my college campus and listen to music the whole way. Today I unplugged my phone just before leaving my house and after listening to music for about 2.5 hours my battery had dipped to 90%

tappin and a talkin

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I use it all the time and it works great! Doesn't seem to burn throught the battery as fast as other things like GPS. I stream it through a bluetooth comunicator in my motorcycle helmet and it is awsome!!

Chris

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Listening to music (as long as you use headphones) doesn't suck much battery. I sold my iPod Touch 32GB as soon as I was able to afford a bigger SD card for this phone. Haven't regretted it once.

stevevetter

Reaction score
Yeah, mp3 use doesn't draw much power as long as you let the screen go to sleep. If you insist on using a screen keep-alive setting to see artist, song, or artwork then that will be different.

Streaming internet radio (not slacker or Pandora app) sucks though because when the phone sleeps the browser connection dies.

squirrelonfire

Reaction score
I use power AMP to play music and the quality is awful. Using stock android music player is of course a definite no-no.

Almagest

Reaction score
I use the stock player, hook it up to the surround sound every night, helps me pass out quicker. Then in the morning my alarm blares through the speakers. I bought an mp3 player 3 weeks before I got this phone, and now I regret it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

benner

Reaction score
I use power AMP to play music and the quality is awful. Using stock android music player is of course a definite no-no.

As in the music quality itsself? Unless its streaming crappy quality music over the internet it shouldn't affect the quality of music (again unless you downloaded really low quality mp3's). Sounds more like a headphone problem.

I'm running Pandora through a pair of Shure earbuds and the quality is phenomenal.

Music quality is only as good as the weakest part involved in playing it.

Oh I almost forgot. I use it for 2 hours a day, 6 days a week while at the gym streaming pandora and don't have any problems with battery life.

fritomist

Reaction score
I use the stock program daily for exercise or biking, have hundreds of songs, multiple playlists, stream through my car bluetooth, and i'm very satisfied. Battery use for this is negligible, as opposed to many other apps.

Sent from my dinc using DroidForums App

Stainless1

Reaction score
I use my Incredible as an MP3 player all day at work. I installed the 3500 ma battery and it lasts. I have one problem using my phone instead of my ipod touch as a music player, though: I cannot find a setting or app for the droid that auto-levels the volume so that all the songs play at relatively the same volume. Thus, one song will play at a decent volume and the next will blast me out of my seat. Anyone know of a solution?