Do you use physical keyboard?

kkwan77

Reaction score
do you use your physical keyboard? i only use the virtual keyboard 99% of the time. i got a body glove case and was worried bc the case makes it hard to use the top row of physical keys but quickly realized i wouldnt be using it anyways.

In the same boat, have not used the physical qwerty kb at all. Too lazy to slide out and slide back when I can just start typing on the touch screen.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I can type faster on my BB Pearl w/ SureType than I can on the Droid physical keyboard.
At this point, I can too...but I'm wondering if it's because I used the Pearl for 2 years and got VERY adept to Suretype...I'm sure in a month, I'll be just as fast on the Droid...I looking at it as a learning curve.

yearn

Reaction score
I went from a Vogue, to a Diamond to the Droid.
So I almost never use the Hardware KB.
But I have grown very fond of the virtual KB in landscape mode, the buttons are huge and its easy to hit the intended key

Reaction score
I use the virtual keyboard more than the physical one, which is a total surprise to me as I've been very anti-virtual keyboards. I think it says more about how mediocre-to-bad the Droid hardware keyboard is than how good the virtual keyboard is. I can type faster on my BB Pearl w/ SureType than I can on the Droid physical keyboard.

This.

ten char

moparharn

Reaction score
I came from the BB bold and a physical keyboard

Now I find myself using the virtual in landscape almost exclusively. It is making me wonder if I should return it and wait for the passion. Will the passion be very similar minus the keyboard and a slightly smaller screen?

delaen

Reaction score
I use the physical keyboard for anything longer than a sentence. Or while driving. I'm very slow on the virtual keyboard while driving. :)

The D pad is useless. I hope Droid v2 gets rid of it in lieu of bigger physical keys.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
i use the virtual KB all the time because im just too lazy to slide it out. LOL
plus i feel awkward on using the slide out KB because the phone is too thin..

Zippster

Reaction score
Virtual all the way, dont think I have even opened the real one since the day I bought it.

Poley

Reaction score
I thought i would like the physical keyboard like with my old phone but i picked up the on screen one faster than i thought. I make less mistakes with it

khelek

Reaction score
My last phone was one of the 1st gen ENVs and I loved using the physical keyboard on it. However, I was certain that the virtual keyboard would be all I'd need once I got on the Droid, so the physical keyboard wasn't a huge selling point for me. I was glad it would be there if I wanted it but hadn't planned on using it much.

Like others have said, however, I've found myself going between the two pretty regularly -- if I want to hash out a quick message, the virtual keyboard works fine. If I need to reply to email or need to send a longer message I'll use the physical one. I've come to discover that between the two I really like the physical one more.

(And as someone in another thread said, it took me *forever* to figure out where the '?' key was!)

Reaction score
I use the Physical keyboard most. i like it, but i kinda force myself to use it cause that one of the big differences from the iphone, so i want to rubb it in their faces that i have one and they dont. ahaha

Dannab1

Reaction score
I use the physical keyboard more. Coming from ENV am better on keyboard, had trouble with the ? also but absolutely love having a shift on both sides! Can't seem to get the hang of virtual keypad but have only had it for a day....maybe will get better on it but as others have said, hate losing any of this fabulous screen!

joegrind

Reaction score
Coming from the LG Voyager, I thought I would use the physical kb more, but honestly, I like typing with one hand in virtual (strange as I've never had a BB)....I also hardly ever make any errors on the virtual. The physical needs work and am so trying to decide right now if I return it and wait until Droid 2 comes out by June10 or stick out and then replace it when LTE comes out. I doubt they'll have the rebate for the Droid 2, but it just has too many bugs.

Camera: as does everybody
Camera button: I'm constantly pressing it
Power button: Why do I have to press this to unlock the screen
Orientation: Maybe I'm just slow, but I keep turning the phone the wrong way in landscape.

I do like the phone, however, but just know it can be so much better....and with the virtual kb easy to use for me....I hardly see me using the physical in the future. The Android 2.0 is what I like more than the actual Droid phone itself. So...do I return or not? UGGGGGHHH!!!

J

JohnDroid

Physical keyboard here as well but I'm trying to practice the virtual one