Do You Prefer Front Or Rear FingerPrint Scanners?!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I see my administrator just about daily, but she trusts me to do my job & make the right decisions because she gets confused quickly when I get technical.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Lets get back on topic guys or im going to have to close the thread...

Oh wait this isnt XDA...

Carry On!
I was gonna say, you made the comment that sparked the derailment. Haha

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I've always only had a front finger print scanner....soo that's all I know!
But I like the scanner on my S6 Edge+ better than my Note 4!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Whhaatt??...pictures or it did not happen!!!

You have to subscribe to a premium membership for that content. Pm me your credit card info & I'll get you setup.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
You have to subscribe to a premium membership for that content. Pm me your credit card info & I'll get you setup.

Uh no

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
But I like the scanner on my S6 Edge+ better than my Note 4!
Yeah, I bet it's a noticeable difference. That's to be expected though being that the S6 Edge is 1 1/2 generations ahead of the Note 4. The scanner on my S5 works great, but is absolute garbage when compared to the S6 & S7. It's just nice to see how far they've come in terms of speed & accuracy with their latest models. For a couple years there the iPhone had cornered the market in that department, until Sammy finally caught up to them with the S6, and then surpassed them with the S7. IIRC, DMX put out a great comparison video a couple months ago that showed just how much better the S7 was in this department.

S5 tap'n

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've not had the luxury of a phone with one yet, however the few I've played with I've ALWAYS preferred the rear over the front... my index finger sits right where the fingerprint scanner is. with the front ones I don't hold the phone with my finger in the bottom middle. It's not that it's more inconvenient, I just find the rear ones to make more sense.

much like my Moto Xoom, I loved the rear power button, it was exactly where my hand landed when I picked it up, I wish more tablet manufacturers had put their power button on the back.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
My view

Front, button - Terrible look, forces a larger front footprint, great for car mounts or sitting on a desk, but natural when pulling phone out of pocket, especially with a secure one handed grip.
Front, behind the screen - Like the idea as it fixes the above issues, but no experience with it
Back, sensor - (current phone is Nexus 5x) - I like it for most situations except for the car and the desk. Opposite view of pros and cons of the front options.
Side, power button - (like on the Sony Z5) - preferred as it doesn't matter if the phone is mounted in a car or sitting on the desk, it is universally acceptable. No experience with it, but love the idea.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just as i suspected it seems like only you white collar folks prefer the front facing scanner for that laying on top of the desk situation.

How about this. If you were on vacation and away from your desk for an entire week would you prefer the rear placement?

On another note it seems most of you who have tried both prefer the rear placement.
I like the front facing fingerprint reader, since my phone sits face up on the cow dung compost pile! Does that make me brown collar? (Jk)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk