Do you own a Moto X? Will you upgrade to the 2015 version?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I need a better camera than the maxx. It's good for day shots but horrible for any dusk to night shots.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I need a better camera than the maxx. It's good for day shots but horrible for any dusk to night shots.
That's been common with Moto's cameras for a long time now. That's part of what sold me on the Note 4 instead of last year's Moto X. I saw test shots in low light conditions from both and decided Sammy had the lesser of the two evils there.

With the claims they're making about the camera on the new X, I'm hopeful that won't be as much of an issue this time around.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's been common with Moto's cameras for a long time now. That's part of what sold me on the Note 4 instead of last year's Moto X. I saw test shots in low light conditions from both and decided Sammy had the lesser of the two evils there.

With the claims they're making about the camera on the new X, I'm hopeful that won't be as much of an issue this time around.
I started with the droid x....moto has always been known to have horrible cameras.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I started with the droid x....moto has always been known to have horrible cameras.
Yup. I started with the OG Droid (after the G1). Compared to today's cameras, that thing was basically a flip phone. Especially in low/artificial light.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hmm. Not sure if I can do a 5.7" phone and drop 500 mAh