Do you like yor job?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
HATE my job. HATE what I do. Been a locksmith for going on 20 years. Used to love what I do and who I work for. But the politics and backstabbing have gotten to be too much. Problem is, I make good money, more than I could anywhere else. Guess that's a good problem to have.

Carrier pigeon-ed from my Galaxy S Tab

Seems like you can't escape the politics at all. I am a simple man, don't play mind games or anything and treat my friends well. I don't play all the politics and in this day and age, you almost have to.

SSX v2.0

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Some days I hate my job working the closing shift at the local megaplex. The customers suck sometimes and its not uncommon for me to get out just before the sun comes up. I will say though, my coworkers make it worth it, we keep each other in stitches. The other night we all decided to switch personalities and imitate each other for the duration of our shift. It got really confusing.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Hooch0903

Reaction score
HATE my job. HATE what I do. Been a locksmith for going on 20 years. Used to love what I do and who I work for. But the politics and backstabbing have gotten to be too much. Problem is, I make good money, more than I could anywhere else. Guess that's a good problem to have.

This is the problem I have. I've been looking for a new job for over a year but just can't swallow the pay cut.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I work 24 hr shifts. Fml. Being in the military sucks at times. But when I deploy I enjoy it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I imagine it does, much like we all have bad days. In you and your coworkers' case though I'd like to thank you for what you do.

I enjoy my work. I'm fortunate that I get to juggle various tasks and projects as well as wear multiple hats so I'm not stuck doing the same thing every day. I work in an IT and manufacturing environment and basically find solutions for people's problems, which is probably why someone here slapped this green label below my name.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i absolutely love my job. I was a network network systems analyst for one of the largest insurance company in the world for years and walked away from it to become a Charter boat Captain out of south Florida. I run private trips between Ft Lauderdale and the Bahamas and do the occasional sport fishing charter.

I make close to double what i made before but since i only work 6 or 7 months a year it comes out to about the same.

Great job. Was it a total re-train for you or was it something you had been building experience towards for a while? You the boss or working for some company? You ferry people or is it more of a sailing/cruise charter?

Engineer_900

Reaction score
I love my job. I work with a wireless carrier and have always found a niche for technology. It is great seeing new phones develop and great learning how the wireless industry is changing. The wireless industry has changed drastically over the last decade and it is amazing to see how it is still changing at such a fast rate. I don't think anyone can predict what else will happen, but it will great to see LTE technology develop and VoIP become a standard way of communication.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i absolutely love my job. I was a network network systems analyst for one of the largest insurance company in the world for years and walked away from it to become a Charter boat Captain out of south Florida. I run private trips between Ft Lauderdale and the Bahamas and do the occasional sport fishing charter.

I make close to double what i made before but since i only work 6 or 7 months a year it comes out to about the same.

Great job. Was it a total re-train for you or was it something you had been building experience towards for a while? You the boss or working for some company? You ferry people or is it more of a sailing/cruise charter?

ive always had boats both growing up that my parents had owned and i have owned half a dozen decent sized boats myself so it wasn't anything new. I know a lot of people in the business and have been an avid fisherman my whole life.

So no it wasn't a complete retrain the only thing i didn't have was a US coast guard captains license which was a pain to get due to the new govt security requirements. I'm the operations manager for the entire property im over anything that involves employees or money.... charters, the bar, the restaurant, the boat and jetski rental but when i get a chance i still like to run charters. (i try to run at least 2 or 3 of the trips to the Bahamas a week,)

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am in the fortunate situation of loving what I do, but what about you? Is it just something you do for income, or do you actually enjoy it?

Let me ask you - do you like this gig?

depending on how long you've lived in DFW and what radio you listen to, you may or may not get that... ;)

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Love my engineering job. Even more now after two years of not having any work and having to cook at minimum wage. Lost my house and just about everything so I am VERY grateful and rebuilding.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
My job has its ups and downs.
I work in a dishroom, but I'm young so that's my excuse.
I have to work in ridiculouly how weather (no AC).
And put up with some different characters and crazy work schedules. But it pays, and its on a beautiful peace of property.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

sacnotsack

Reaction score
In the military you either hat it or love it. My first 6 years I loved. Now I'm getting to the point where I can't wait to get out in january. Like others have said about thier jobs, politics and backstabbing are getting old..... Especially after this last week.

Sent from my DINC2 in Yuma, AZ