Do you like yor job?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by ftajeffrey, Jul 22, 2011.

1. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,820
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    I'll be in FL in february :D

end of line...

2. captain howdy

captain howdy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love my job/line of work. Im a master goldsmith. I make jewelry. The pay is ok and job security is awesome. Been doing this for 20+ years.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

3. lockman

lockman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HATE my job. HATE what I do. Been a locksmith for going on 20 years. Used to love what I do and who I work for. But the politics and backstabbing have gotten to be too much. Problem is, I make good money, more than I could anywhere else. Guess that's a good problem to have.

Carrier pigeon-ed from my Galaxy S Tab

4. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Seems like you can't escape the politics at all. I am a simple man, don't play mind games or anything and treat my friends well. I don't play all the politics and in this day and age, you almost have to.

SSX v2.0

5. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Some days I hate my job working the closing shift at the local megaplex. The customers suck sometimes and its not uncommon for me to get out just before the sun comes up. I will say though, my coworkers make it worth it, we keep each other in stitches. The other night we all decided to switch personalities and imitate each other for the duration of our shift. It got really confusing.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

6. Hooch0903

Hooch0903 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

This is the problem I have. I've been looking for a new job for over a year but just can't swallow the pay cut.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

7. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2

I imagine it does, much like we all have bad days. In you and your coworkers' case though I'd like to thank you for what you do.

I enjoy my work. I'm fortunate that I get to juggle various tasks and projects as well as wear multiple hats so I'm not stuck doing the same thing every day. I work in an IT and manufacturing environment and basically find solutions for people's problems, which is probably why someone here slapped this green label below my name.

8. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Great job. Was it a total re-train for you or was it something you had been building experience towards for a while? You the boss or working for some company? You ferry people or is it more of a sailing/cruise charter?

9. Engineer_900

Engineer_900 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love my job. I work with a wireless carrier and have always found a niche for technology. It is great seeing new phones develop and great learning how the wireless industry is changing. The wireless industry has changed drastically over the last decade and it is amazing to see how it is still changing at such a fast rate. I don't think anyone can predict what else will happen, but it will great to see LTE technology develop and VoIP become a standard way of communication.

10. garrett

garrett Silver Member
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +5

ive always had boats both growing up that my parents had owned and i have owned half a dozen decent sized boats myself so it wasn't anything new. I know a lot of people in the business and have been an avid fisherman my whole life.

So no it wasn't a complete retrain the only thing i didn't have was a US coast guard captains license which was a pain to get due to the new govt security requirements. I'm the operations manager for the entire property im over anything that involves employees or money.... charters, the bar, the restaurant, the boat and jetski rental but when i get a chance i still like to run charters. (i try to run at least 2 or 3 of the trips to the Bahamas a week,)

#22 garrett, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  11. goofycoolguy

goofycoolguy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im a Compute Consultant : D and i LOVE IT!!!

12. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Let me ask you - do you like this gig?

depending on how long you've lived in DFW and what radio you listen to, you may or may not get that... ;)