Do You Like The New Droid X?

bowlingotter

Reaction score
can you see the screen clearly in sunlight or outdoors cause i know the incredible had that problem...

If you set it bright enough, yes. I usually have it set to the dimmest setting to conserve battery but just leave the widget to adjust brightness handy

dadarkside

Reaction score
can you see the screen clearly in sunlight or outdoors cause i know the incredible had that problem...

This was something i was anxious to know about. My old phone has an lcd screen but i could not see it in the sun. With full brightness on th X you can see the phones screen clearly.

gixxerboy

Reaction score
Now that mostly everyone loves it for the people that dont really like it who wants to go back to there original droid?

dendk

Reaction score
Coming from the Iphone 3g this is a step up in technology, as far as the Droid X goes I have worked with open source software so it is not a big learning curve and it is refreshing stepping back into this world. I still have my Sharp Zaurus sitting in the drawer :)

papadj

Reaction score
This is my 1st 'smart' phone post Storm... In one month however it is my 4th X. Verizon slipped 2 refurbished phones my way which I found quite disturbing. The 1st phone froze on the 3rd day and would not unfreeze period. It would not reboot. I won't talk about the 2 refurbs (I paid for a new phone for 2 years that is what I expect).

Now number 4...Very smooth...glides, not freezing I have figured out how to keep it viewable in the sun and the battery going as long as possible during the day. I can hear clearly when on calls and it has great connectivity! I am enjoying the apps and like the keyboard... All and all once I got past the whatever was going on in getting a decent version of the Droid X I am satisfied.

papadj

Reaction score
If I remember correctly I added the status screen to my 'homepage and that allows me to tap onto an icon that looks like the sun on the far right and when it is on it adjusts so you can see the screen in the sun and when you tap it off you can conserve the screen light again on the inside when you don't need to see it as such inside.

Jamb

Reaction score
I will try this,thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Alex.DF

Reaction score
If I remember correctly I added the status screen to my 'homepage and that allows me to tap onto an icon that looks like the sun on the far right and when it is on it adjusts so you can see the screen in the sun and when you tap it off you can conserve the screen light again on the inside when you don't need to see it as such inside.

Why not use auto brightness? I have it enabled and it does a great job of setting brightness to the max when I use my phone outside, and dimming when I'm indoors.

Jamb

Reaction score
I using auto brightness feature and could not view outside on a sunny day.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk