Do You Like The New Droid X?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by mengh33, Jul 15, 2010.

1. bigaudiofanatic

Ratings:
    +0

So I am using advanced task killer. I have it in crazy kill level. I should not be killing everything in the manager?

2. mapexvenus

mapexvenus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an Incredible and have decided to hold on to it for a few more days because the X has failed to impress me as much as i hoped it would. I think that there are a few things that the Incredible does better.

3. Asharad

Asharad New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Having done exactly that, I agree. iPhone is weak, and ATT sucks.

4. nwlake

nwlake New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is your Wi-Fi issue? I am waiting to purchase the Droid X, until I get some feedback on the reliability of the mobile hotspot, which would be my only internet connection for my laptop (I currently tether an LG Dare as a modem, but can't afford two Verizon data plans). I read one review mentioning that the mobile wifi was inconsistent, which would drive me crazy.

5. SemperDroid

SemperDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I received my X today in the mail as a replacement/upgrade to my Droid. Given 2/3 of a days use, I would say that I had better power management on the Droid running Kangerade or CM6 so far but it is really to early to tell. I was hammering it loading apps on it.

On to other features, I am amazed. Performance is easily 2X that of the droid. The screen looks brilliant. WIFI is kicking butt. The screen touch is highly responsive.

This device rocks and I will most likely purchase another for my wife to replace her Droid. Last and most astonishingly is the fact that it seems to weigh about half as much.

All in all, if you have an opportunity to have one then you would be denying yourself.

I forgot to mention the device's phone ability is easily 2X the Droid. It picks up signal better and sounds amazing...

#65 SemperDroid, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  6. mysticalmalissa

mysticalmalissa Active Member

Ratings:
    +31
    I got my X yesterday and am very happy with it. The size is my favorite part. I can actually read everything on it now. swype is my second fav feature. I can "type" at lightning fast speeds now! LOL and google voice, totally amazing.

However, I'm not at all impressed with the volume of the ringtones. The Droid I could hear ring even if I was outside. The X however, nope. I'm lucky if I can hear it from the next room. :(
    Also I had problems with the app PDaNet. Just couldnt get it to work, so I ended up putting my droid on another phone line I had and that will just stay as my modem.

So all in all, yep I'm glad I got it. Its great for us old ladies that are half blind..LOL...but not good for us that are half deaf :p

7. mungofromtheshire

mungofromtheshire New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a convert from the Palm world, I gotta say the X is amazing. Love mine.

8. dragozoid

dragozoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my X on launch day and it's awesome. Mine is super smooth with no lag whatsoever. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal coming from a 1.25GHz Droid running 2.2 but was I wrong. Everything about the X is much smoother and the larger screen makes it way more enjoyable for web browsing and such.

9. ChrisEvo8

ChrisEvo8 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how did you get a screenshot of the droid x?

10. bigaudiofanatic

Ratings:
    +0
  11. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    Shouldn't be using a Task Killer at all.

12. sgdossey

sgdossey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am coming from the original Droid. Overall, I like the DroidX. My only complaints are the ridiculous amount of bloatware that you can't uninstall. Also some of it keeps starting up and eating up memory. I did load LauncherPro and in my experience it is much faster moving around than in the default home screen.

Search tags for this page

android global unplug

do you like the droid x
global ubplug service

global unplug

global unplug service

globalunplugservice
what is global unplug