Do You Like The New Droid X?

northpen

Reaction score
Just got myn, coming from iPhone. It's awesome! Google Voice is killer! It's super fast and the screen is awesome! The phone height itself is not much bigger then my iPhone but the screen is huge, so nice to work with

OP
M

mengh33

Reaction score
NorthPen - I also may be coming from the iPhone

Any disadvantages of the X you've noticed? Any regrets moving away? What about music/iTunes, is it as easy?

northpen

Reaction score
NorthPen - I also may be coming from the iPhone

Any disadvantages of the X you've noticed? Any regrets moving away? What about music/iTunes, is it as easy?

Havent gotten into music/iTunes yet so can't answer.

No regrets so far, Swype is amazing and Google voice rocks rocks rocks. Browser is super fast and the speech to type stuff is killer. Really happy

Plus, I can actually make phone calls lol

Shred or Die

Reaction score
My only complaint after just playing with one at the Verizon store is it is not nearly as snappy as I had hoped. For a 1 GHz processor it doesn't have the same fit and finish when you navigate through apps and the home screens, and isn't quite as responsive as the Incredible.

boarderx

Reaction score
I just got back from playing with the phone and I feel that the interface didn't scroll/slide very smoothly. Sometimes I had to slide my finger multiple times to get a page to slide or scroll. I'm going to go back and try it again without the phone being locked to the display, but I'd say try it before you buy it. I still want this phone due to the large screen. I only have an Ipod touch to compare the scrolling to, but I'd say the Ipod navigation is smoother and easier to use with one hand. I guess the down side to these large devices is that it may take two hands to navigate under certain conditions.

Looking forward to buying my first smartphone in the near future!

tmoney2007

Reaction score
I believe Froyo should help with that. Shame they couldn't have it ready by launch... I noticed a bit of lagginess with the one on display too, but lord knows how many apps they had running in the background.

ewells2420

Reaction score
I keep hearing its laggy which is starting to turn me off. My fear is that it wont be rootable/romd so I cant get rid of that ****ty motoblur.

RenesisDoll

Reaction score
I got mine this morning and I am so thrilled and impressed! This phone is amazing. I think the touch screen is just as sensitive if not more so than an ipod touch. It was so worth waiting in line for over an hour. If I had doubts about not having a physical keyboard anymore they were quickly erased as soon as I started using it. I'm not at all what you would call a phone enthusiast but this thing is just freaking awesome. Do yourself a favor and buy one!

barski

Reaction score
My only complaint after just playing with one at the Verizon store is it is not nearly as snappy as I had hoped. For a 1 GHz processor it doesn't have the same fit and finish when you navigate through apps and the home screens, and isn't quite as responsive as the Incredible.
wait for 2.2 then its going to flydancedroid

Mew2

Reaction score
I've read mixed things but always postive about the hardware, I'm not looking to mod the heck out of this thing but it'll be my first smart phone :]

Software can be fixed! Can't wait, getting my girlfriend one too

CCMDOc

Reaction score
Have a Moto DROID, an Incredible and now just picked up a Droid X.

Initial impressions:
Good:
1) Screen is impressive and beautiful
2) Screen clarity is excellent
3) Not as big in hands as I was concerned it would be

Not so good:
1) Browser lags compared to Incredible
2) Camera is disappointing - better than DROID but not close to Incredible
3) Scrolling not as consistent as with either DROID or Incredible
4) Winds of Steel (WWII combat flying game) choppy whereas fluid on Incredible

Obviously much more to investigate but camera - both shuuter speed and quality - are important to me as I have children (if you're a parent - 'nuff said) and I always have my phone whereas real camera is often forgotten. Camera on Incredible makes it almost worth going back. I'll give it a couple of days of playing with it before deciding.

Update:

I should add that my software version is .516 not the .604 that others have mentioned may improve photo quality.

Last edited:

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I moved from a Droid INC and so far, I don't think I am enjoying my experience from a UI perspective. I think the INC's UI is a lot more elegant. I do not like the application UI's (email and calendar) either. Call quality is good, love the speakerphone...

more soon...

boarderx

Reaction score
I looked at this phone in the store and I noticed that the screen was brighter and more clear than the Incredible demo aside of it. Both were set to full brightness. Not sure if it could be due to the Incredible being a demo and thus was more abused, but the difference was quite noticeable when viewing the same web pages on both devices. The DroidX screen was great.

Anyone else notice this?

Bishop73

Reaction score
I just got mine this morning, I swapped from an iPhone 3g. I am absolutely ecstatic about this phone! I have not had any issues with lagging, web opens quickly, apps download fast, and the camera is amazing.

I am looking forward to seeing what it can do with 2.2 or Froyo. I'm just blown away with the size of the community here and what can be done with these great devices.

Sal R.

Reaction score
Suprisingly, yes, I do like the X.

I'm not eligible for an upgrade, unfortunately, but I am definitely in love w/ the phone. The screen was just purty to look at.

Contemplating buying one anyway...