Do You Know You Can See Anything You Ever Googled?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That also means your right 50% of the time. I am not sure but according to Gizmondo's article it includes the email subject line. Can't say for sure if the body of the email is included.
Yeah but remember that a broken clock is right twice a day! LOL

It's just an educated guess, but from peeking at the Gizmodo article, I'd imagine that "the subject lines of my private emails" might mean "the keywords I've used to search for my emails in Gmail." Again...we need a brave volunteer to download all their data and report back. Meanwhile, you can find me here:

Clipboard01.jpg

-Matt

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I mean, I'll do it, but I'm not really concerned. I don't really email about anything all that sensitive. And I rarely use search in gmail. If anything, I search "me" or "that guy I was emailing's address" to find all by either of us. Never by subject line content.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Yeah but remember that a broken clock is right twice a day! LOL

It's just an educated guess, but from peeking at the Gizmodo article, I'd imagine that "the subject lines of my private emails" might mean "the keywords I've used to search for my emails in Gmail." Again...we need a brave volunteer to download all their data and report back. Meanwhile, you can find me here:

View attachment 74709

-Matt

I followed the links, signed into my account, and received a download of my data. It was empty. I don't have my browsing history turned on and there were no options to select anything like emails, etc.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I followed the links, signed into my account, and received a download of my data. It was empty. I don't have my browsing history turned on and there were no options to select anything like emails, etc.
You're so boring Ollie...

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Personally, I'm not interested in the download. I did enjoy seeing the amount of searches I do... I never would have thought it was as high as it is.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OK, pulled my head out of the sand and gave it a try. Not nearly as scary as I feared...the archive looks like a giant timestamped list of anything I've searched for since 2007. An interesting feature is it seems to pool from a lot of places...not just Google search but also Google Now searches from my phone, Gmail message searches, basically any service connected to Google in which I pressed the ? and searched for something. Had to look at the search terms I used to figure that out though -- it wasn't obvious by the archive syntax. But what really piqued my interest is that this morning I poked around on Amazon a bit and that showed up too. Didn't think Amazon was a Google service. ;)

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
UPDATE: I guess I overlooked something important....I was full bore on downloading my search data, and failed to notice that the page itself has an exhaustive list of my browsing activity. NOT JUST searches, but also any website (full URL apparently) for all my browsing. INCLUDING image thumbnails when I did image searches. :eek: Phone included, I assume.

Guess I'll be hanging out in incognito mode a little more often!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I stopped Google from tracking my history. I can even tell you the date, as it was the last one on record. January 28, 2010