Do You Know You Can See Anything You Ever Googled?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
466915567.jpg

Google has enabled a feature that will allow you to download your complete Google history. Any search, email,messaging everything you have done while logged into your Google account.

All this information has been archived by Google. All you need to do is request a download of your history and Google will prepare the file and notify you when it's available for download.

Here is an example of my search count for the first 15 days of April.

Google   History.png

Hop over to GOS for more info and find out what sites you visited 5 years ago. Or perhaps you rather not know...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I knew they kept this info. Makes perfect sense. They're an advertising company. They collect user data and demographics info. The more info they have per user, the more money they make.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Google has enabled a feature that will allow you to download your complete Google history. Any search, email,messaging everything you have done while logged into your Google account.

All this information has been archived by Google.
Correct me if I'm wrong (which happens 50% of the time!) but I think it's just search history, not emails, messages, private communication, etc. Still enough to bug the privacy folks, but not totally unreasonable.

Also, the Google Dashboard is a good resource to get a handle on what Google has and how to manage stuff (e.g., location history) if you feel like it!

-Matt

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Correct me if I'm wrong (which happens 50% of the time!) but I think it's just search history, not emails, messages, private communication, etc. Still enough to bug the privacy folks, but not totally unreasonable.

Also, the Google Dashboard is a good resource to get a handle on what Google has and how to manage stuff (e.g., location history) if you feel like it!

-Matt
That also means your right 50% of the time. I am not sure but according to Gizmondo's article it includes the email subject line. Can't say for sure if the body of the email is included.

This seems to be what's available.

• Your searches and browsing activity: Saves searches and other browsing data, which may include history from Chrome and other apps. This gives you better search results across all Google products.
  • Places you go: Saves your past locations in a map only you can see. This improves your map search results and route recommendations.
  • Your voice searches and commands: Saves your voice and audio inputs when you speak to Google. This improves speech and audio recognition.
  • Videos you search for on YouTube: Saves your searches on YouTube. This gives you better search results and video recommendations.
  • Videos you watch on YouTube: Saves a list of the videos you've watched recently on YouTube. This makes it easier to find those videos again quickly.
  • Information from your devices: Saves information like your contacts, calendars, apps, and device data. This information helps improve the accuracy and relevance of results and suggestions.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I imagine searches performed under "incognito mode" don't show up?

S5 tap'n

They won't show up for us, but you can bet they do for our government...errm I mean for Google.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Can of worms...huh guys....

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Shut the account down Jonny while you still have a chance!

Reactions: cr6