Do you know the new healthcare system?

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
I am currently working as a nurse in middle east and we are still using the traditional way of charting and documentation. I wanna know if other countries use this method as well? Or are you using the web-based software already?

I have EB3 petition going to the U.S and wanna get familiar with what the health providers use nowadays. Also, I am not getting younger anymore to easily adapt with changes, so its better for me to learn it now before its too late. :( TIA

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
They've been using COW(computer on wheels)s for years at the cleveland clinic. All electronic.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I am in Thailand and unfortunately had to visit the hospital multiple times this year.

The 2 hospitals I was in basically worked the same way. All patient data was paper while x rays and meds were electronic.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
With few exceptions, all electronic charting in the USA. This includes doctors putting in orders. Care plan, patient education, meds, all on the computer.
Good news is that once you make the transition it makes your job easier.
I work oncology as an RN at a Texas medical center hospital.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
C

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
@ mustang02 I have heard the Cleveland clinic here in middle east and If I am not mistaken it is located in Abu Dhabi. Anyway, you mentioned that they are using COW? Is it similar to a web-based software?

@Bruben, actually my petition is from Christus Spohn Texas. I am excited to get there but you know there is a feeling of fear as well. "Fear of not being able to work at your best" lol

Anyway, I asked you regarding software because there are hear says now that they might adopt the paperless system. I am doing research online and looking for a software that I myself can download and try. I found this link and checked the reviews. Is this similar to what you are using today?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I work in IT at a nursing home. We do all electronic charting, though we haven't moved to a web-based system yet.

The hospitals in our area do use web-based EMR software though. One thing I've learned from the transition, every piece of charting software is a bit different, but they're also quite similar at their core as far as charting goes, so once you learn one, you should be able to fumble around in another one if they've done proper setup. Also, any company worth working for will provide you with quality training and make sure you learn things the way they do them.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We are using Epic

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk