Do you have the Shell/Holster Case???

ss13

Reaction score
Wondering if the phone with the shell on it can be placed in the holster with the screen facing out.

OP
ss13

ss13

Reaction score
My thought was using it this way clipped to something in my car. I've "McGyvered" my GPS mount to my air vents and thought if it was secure enough backwards I could use my skillz to create a way to mount my droid in a similar fashion not having to worry about taking cases off and such or paying for the dash mount which I can't use in CA anyways since its only a suction cup mount.

Thanks for the response.
I ordered the Verizon silicone case, but am starting to re-think.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just switched to the Shell/Holster Case as of yesterday and LOVE it. I had been using the Body Glove case since the day the Droid was released, but the thought of a case that wasn't nearly impossible to take off is what made me switch. I honestly can't believe how much smaller the phone feels with the new case.

surfscottydog

Reaction score
You can now use a suction cup mount on your windshield for your GPS or whatever in California. The law has evolved.

Dream

Reaction score
I have this combo as well and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I was going to get the Seidio but I think im going to hold off and keep this one.

OP
ss13

ss13

Reaction score
SurfScotty, only if it is in the lower corners...

V.C. Section 26708 - Material Obstructing or Reducing Driver’s View

(12) A portable Global Positioning System (GPS), which may be mounted in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver or in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest to the driver, if the system is used only for door-to-door navigation while the motor vehicle is being operated and outside of an airbag deployment zone.

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
The Verizon store near my office is expecting these in tomorrow. I'm going to pick it up. It's been getting great reviews, and I'm looking for a case that can take a beating (I visit construction sites often).

I'll use the VZ one for work and a nice leather one for going out:)

OP
ss13

ss13

Reaction score
928, what did you do to 'mod' the car mount to make it fit. I have not seen one, but just curious.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
928, what did you do to 'mod' the car mount to make it fit. I have not seen one, but just curious.

My Quote and pics from another thread here.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/5863-modifying-car-dock-allow-video-2.html

Ok, I dug out my old camera, kinda hard to take pics of the Droid in the Car Dock WITH the Droid :)

Oh, since I haven't "cleaned" it up yet, don't laugh too hard when you see it :). Sorry for the crappy night pics, will try to get some better daylight pics tomorrow.

You can't tell in the pics but I made a small slot in the Shell case so the "tooth" of the lock tab engaged into it the top of the shell case making it even more secure. Even though I removed a lot of support area it is rock solid in the dock and doesn't move even on the rough gravel roads around here.

If I had to do it over again I could do it without removing so much material, lessons learned from doing it the first time. When I find a great deal later on I will do a minimal version. But most likely there will be a better solution available by then so this will do for now.

296d1259632379-modifying-car-dock-allow-video-100_0898.jpg

297d1259632390-modifying-car-dock-allow-video-100_0900.jpg

298d1259632400-modifying-car-dock-allow-video-100_0901.jpg

hajabooja

Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday, hoping it comes tomorrow! I can't believe how many good reviews this product has gotten. Generally I would never consider something that was at the Verizon store. There are a lot of good 3rd party manufactures for accessories and stuff. But this one seems to be an exception.

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
On my lunch break today I went and picked up the shell/holster combo. Fitted it to my phone was MUCH easier than the body glove cover, and it comes off with a normal amount of force. Nice tight fit in the holster, too.

$27.00 with tax, and I think $27.00 well spent

Now, when will Sena release their leather Droid-specific cases ;)