Do you Have Launcherpro Issues?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nooter99, May 27, 2010.

1. nooter99

nooter99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Started using Launcherpro about 10 days ago. Absolutely loved it, but since the last update (installed this morning) it has gotten buggy and laggy. One example: after using ATK, I hit the return soft key expecting to go to home screen and it goes to phone screen, but with no keypad! Have to then hit home soft key and it takes several seconds before it very slowly displays home screen, keep thinking it's about to lock up the phone. Also seems to be generally laggy since update. I was thinking this was the best app I've come across yet, until today! Any other launcherpro users having these issues?? Even being very laggy doing this post. Haven't tried a battery pull yet, guess I'll do that now.

2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,860
  3. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,860
    my bad i did not read the entire op. I like launcherpro. It is real smooth for me. Try uninstalling and clearing the cache. The reinstall.

4. dwagner88

dwagner88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have about 7-8 seconds of lockup with it when I restart the phone, but once it gets going, its extremely smooth and un-laggy for me. I'm overclocked, but only to 800 mhz.

5. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Turn off the phone and turn it on.

6. xxwabbit

xxwabbit Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Nice n Smooth here. However, I have tried the new Beautiful Widgets LW and it becomes laggy.

7. Taegost

Taegost Member

Ratings:
    +1
    How do you use ATK? Improper use of a task killer program will cause stability issues, battery drain, and lag, especially if you're killing a dependancy of another application.
    I would stop ATK from auto-killing apps if you have it doing so and don't use it at all for a few days and see if it improves.
    I completely un-installed ATK last week, and I don't miss it... My phone runs better and i get better battery life now that it's not auto-killing programs that keep auto-starting.

8. nooter99

nooter99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Taegost, I've always had autokill disabled. Trying to convince myself I don't need ATK, but it's like trying kick a heroin addiction! LOL!!! Did a battery pull and it seems to be quite a bit better. I hope it stays this way, I think it's a great app.

9. nooter99

nooter99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Spoke too soon, still takes me to phone with no dial pad after exiting ATK! Dev, please fix.

10. hemidroid

hemidroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been toying with Launcherpro off and on for a week. This latest update is quirky, froze my screen etc. Uninstalled! Needless to say I can live without it.

11. blamejake

blamejake Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the heads-up. Definitely NOT going to update (yet). I'm happy to leave well enough alone.

12. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    I'm having no issues at all with the latest update....changed out the default dock items to what I wanted and everything is running great.

If it runs great except when exiting ATK.....don't run ATK and exit it....especially since task killers offer you no benefit.