Do YOU Have A Wiping Problem?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jul 8, 2010.

1. notamamasboy

notamamasboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to have double apps in my drawer... and the ones that are doubled seem to exist on both the sd card and in internal memory... just not sure which one to uninstall..

2. Woodard2589

Woodard2589 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when i do rstapps -c it restores my apps, but the ones that were put on the sd card dont show up on the phone. i looked and there still in the .android_secure folder, but nothing shows up on the phone. any ideas?

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Can you verify that they are sitting in /data/data?

4. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +72
    I am newly rooted and I find this "tool" extremely easy to use! I tried a few different ROMS before I finally stumbled upon Simply Stunning and the one thing I hated was starting from scratch every time. This eliminates that whole process!!
    On a different note, after having some "annoyances" with SS4.4 using different themes and kernels, I wiped and reinstalled it with just the stock theme and kernel. With the "bkapps/rstapps" feature when these little "annoyances" arise the decision to wipe cache and reinstall is a no brainer!!

5. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried using this coming from Team Chaos Froyo and had nothing but errors. Never did get backed up. Went ahead annas moved on to SS4.4 and really like it. Looking forward to the next upgrade so I can try it again!

6. ???

??? Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i used this going from 4.3 to 4.4 and it worked well. my question is ive added some apps and notes to note pad. so going to 4.5 id like to back up and restore from now. do i just redo it and it will over write the old data, or should i deleat something before i back up?

7. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    You will want to install the new bkapps.zip that will be in my 4.5 thread first ... then you wil run the new bkapps in your 4.4 ROM - then install 4.5, and run rstapps :)

8. ???

??? Member

Ratings:
    +3
    cool, sounds good.

if I say wanted to clean up my card. would there be a back up dir left over from the 4.3 to. 4.4 I could delete, or does it do that for me when installing the new backup.zip?

9. y0rk

y0rk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I have seen the backups are kept in /sdcard/SimplyStunning and it keeps the most current version of the backup in the /apps folder and then copies the former to a folder with the replacement date.

I would think you could safely remove the older dated folders but they really don't take up much space anyway.

10. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    You are absolutely correct!

11. Woodard2589

Woodard2589 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Decided to try the rom again and when I tried to restore with rstapps to see if the apps were in the folder it restored most of the way with several force closes then superuser permissions force closed and closed out of the terminal. The phone force closed everything afterward and had to wipe it to work again. Tried this several times and also reinstalled the rom with the same results. Any ideas? Don't know if its related but for quite a while titanium backup is also useless. It reboots the phone shortly after starting a batch restore.

12. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sometimes when I wipe and restore from rsyapps, launcher pro will go into an endless force choose cycle. Pretty annoying because I have to completely restore my backup

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk