Do you have a Droid X dock?

Do You Have a Cradle for your Droid X?

• Yes, it works great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm having the problem you described.

• Yes, but i'm having a different problem. (Please Post)

• No, I don't have a dock

• Total voters

darthrogue

Reaction score
I bought a dock for my Droid X about a week ago, and now i'm having problems with the USB connector on the cable that came with the cradle... I'm just wondering if anybody else is having these problems...

On a second note, i'm just wondering how many people have the cradles, and so i'm going to attempt to make a poll on this post, and I say attempt because i've never done it before

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I have one... no issues here. Only thing I noticed is when I first got it for the first couple of weeks the phone was super hard to get on and off the dock

Other than that it's a great dock

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
At first I didn't buy the dock when I got the phone. A few weeks after that, I did.

I gotta say, for the price of the thing, I'm a bit underwhelmed. It's basically just a charging cradle that flips the screen to make it look like an alarm clock. I just don't feel like that's worth $50. Had the HDMI cable come with it, maybe (even though I currently have no use for an HDMI cable). But as it stands, I feel it's a bit overpriced.

With that said though, I have been using it lately as my morning alarm. Not bad. I do wish the base was a little more weighted or something so I could just release the phone with one hand.

Orio

Reaction score
In fact, I have 2 of them, and they both work fine....of course all I've used them for is charging my phone. :D

Rebycman

Reaction score
I don't have the Verizon docks but I thought I'd throw in my two bits, maybe they will help ya. I bought a generic phone/gps windshield mount cradle for ~$20.00 and plugged in my 12v car adapter to charge the phone. There is an app on the market called Dock Simulator that gives you the dock interface (car, home, and undock to restore the phone to normal mode) that I use to put the DX into and out of a dock mode. The generic gps/phone holders are about 1/2 the price of Verizon's car dock and its a great option if you have a 12v charge cable, and you can use your normal wall plugin to charge the DX at night at home. Works great for my needs, take a look at the app.

Cheers,

/Reby

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
Why is their no option for "Yes, but I made my own" :) With a little bit of cutting and duct tape, the box the phone comes in makes a great dock. Throw on some of that electrical tape and you can make it look contemporary.

Wnclivin

Reaction score
I have the cardock and love it. Very convenient way to secure the phone and make this huge screen very usable and safe while driving.

The foam adhesive pad on the mounting disc is pretty weak. I had to add krazyglue to both sides of it. It's hardwired using add-a-fuse to my fuse panel, a female cigg lighter plug, and a car charger. It rocks listening to Pandora through my Pioneer F700! Unfortunately that head unit doesn't support BT streaming, only phone. So I want to install a BT streaming unit with phone support outputting audio to an aux input on the Pioneer.