Do you get random reboots?

Beka27

Reaction score
N4dog, have you tried a different launcher (ADW, Go launcher, etc)? I had a lot of trouble with LP.

Who knows what's wrong... If you ask 100 people you'll get 100 different theories.

(from Beka's DX)

n4dog

Reaction score
Thanks Beka. I will look into a different launcher or just get rid of the launcher all together and see if that works.

Beka27

Reaction score
I did a factory reset today. So far no issues... but I guess we'll see.

I'm not sure what other ROM I want to try just yet, so for the meantime, I'm still on Fission.

Beka27

Reaction score
Following my factory reset, the phone rebooted a couple times within the next 24 hours. The last time it rebooted, it went "back in time" to the middle of March, just prior to when I flashed the Fission 2.6.1. Everything returned from that point: wallpaper, icons, call log, text message threads. Absolute time warp. Very odd.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Following my factory reset, the phone rebooted a couple times within the next 24 hours. The last time it rebooted, it went "back in time" to the middle of March, just prior to when I flashed the Fission 2.6.1. Everything returned from that point: wallpaper, icons, call log, text message threads. Absolute time warp. Very odd.

It found that info on your SD card. Save all of your needed data from your SD card and save it to your computer. Then reformat your sd card.

KillerKPD

Reaction score
I have been getting more and more reboots. Stock TB.

Kind of getting annoyed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
Those with reboots have you tried reformatting the sd card?

Of course before doing so you have to save your wanted information to your computer first.

Beka27

Reaction score
Thank you! For some reason I did not put two and two together... but that makes sense! I'll give it a shot.

Natey2

Reaction score
Many ROMs start off fine then degrade over time.

How does a ROM degrade over time? Do you mean subsequent builds/releases of that ROM are buggy?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Natey2

Reaction score

jerryq2

Reaction score
I have to agree with Peaceful75 I have had my droid since the beginning and never had a problem until the last update. The rebooting is completely random.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Madmikeee

Reaction score
Brought the phone back on Sat. Talked to the tech and he all but said it straight out that he has seen MANY DX's like this. I upgraded the phone to the HTC Droid Incredible 2 and it has been FLAWLESS.

Beka27

Reaction score
The store offered to upgrade the phone for you?! Or you purchased the new phone off contract? Did the store offer to give you a CLNR DX? If anything, i would have waited and pushed for an X2 in a couple weeks.

Madmikeee

Reaction score
The store offered to upgrade the phone for you?! Or you purchased the new phone off contract? Did the store offer to give you a CLNR DX? If anything, i would have waited and pushed for an X2 in a couple weeks.

Paid the 38 bucks to upgrade, no restock fee as it was obviously defective.