• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
Wow. That's insane.
Having brightness set to low is probably the #1 thing getting you that much time.
Yea with our Quad HD displays it makes a big, big difference. My usual usage times are closer to 30+ hours on battery, 6+ hours of SOT. Mixed between LTE and WiFi. Less if I was outside in the sun and needed to turn up the brightness.

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
Why not enjoy this beautiful screen? Heck battery life isn't THAT important, to me anyway, to dial down the brightness so much that THIS cat would need a seeing eye dog to read. "Auto brightness" is as low as I'll go and I use that maybe half the time.

=^.".^=
I don't have my brightness at its lowest for conserving battery. I just don't like my screen bright. Only time I increase my brightness is when I'm outside, or if I'm watching video in HD.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Totally agree with Cat on that one.
Battery life, schmattery life. It's a TURBO!

mephisto_kur

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
When the phone first came out, auto-brightness was absolutely terrible. It used to have a really hard time not doing the flicker, especially in areas with multiple light sources. But I use it now - greatly improved battery life and it actually does a pretty good job of hitting that sweet spot of bright and beautiful but not eye-peeling bright.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't know if this has been mentioned... But I just checked process stats under developer options and found a couple things way up on the list that I wasn't even using...and seemed to be using alot of processing for not being used. Mainly moto flip case. That was #1 and I don't even have a case. I disabled that and made some changes to some others like amazon app suite. I'm hoping that helps with some lag and improves battery life.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Apps I believe are safe to disable (causing me no issues):
Amazon Kindle
Audible
Call My Droid
Caller Name ID
Cloud
Droid Zap