Do you delete text messages?

Do you delete your text messages after a while?

• Yes I delete them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I let them build up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Do you delete them after a while or do you just let them build up? Does it effect performance?

doomrainer

Reaction score
I try not to as I like my conversations :p however, I have heard of issues of going past say 1000 messages; I believe from my own experiences that this performance issue is related to the sqllite database being used. As it is, I use a terminal to copy my db files that contain the messages off to my sdcard just to cover if an issue occurs. Can always copy back to view the messages.

Sent from my R2D2 using DroidForums App

OP
K

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I try not to as I like my conversations :p however, I have heard of issues of going past say 1000 messages; I believe from my own experiences that this performance issue is related to the sqllite database being used. As it is, I use a terminal to copy my db files that contain the messages off to my sdcard just to cover if an issue occurs. Can always copy back to view the messages.

Sent from my R2D2 using DroidForums App

Is there an app that writes all messages to SD Card storage automatically?

kevinkar

Reaction score
Delete them all. Delete recent call logs too. Anything not archived on my PC is removed.

csimo

Reaction score
Even when you 'delete' a text message inside the text messaging app the message is not deleted. Auto delete doesn't work either.

Go to Contacts then scroll to the left and you'll see they're all still there. On that screen (Contacts History) select Menu and then Clear History to get rid of them.

-Joe

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even when you 'delete' a text message inside the text messaging app the message is not deleted. Auto delete doesn't work either.

Go to Contacts then scroll to the left and you'll see they're all still there. On that screen (Contacts History) select Menu and then Clear History to get rid of them.

-Joe

I just deleted an old message. It's gone. Now I have a D2 but basically X and D2 are just about the same. I can't scroll anywhere to find it.