Do we have a little secret?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw a commercial on TV this morning showing the HTC ONE being marketed like the Rezound, a Beats enabled music player. It did show it has Maps when the jogger got lost though instead of grandma dancing to the music or buildings collapsing from the bass.
Since it wasn't a Verizon commercial it makes me wonder if maybe HTC is pushing the carriers to push Beats

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
Who does the Jordan Sparks Beats commercial? HTC?

corki2

Reaction score
I have been having issues with my Command One headset with my Rezound that were not issues with my Droid X. The caller voices are very tinny and garbled. I can barely understand what they are saying. I had the issue Gingerbread and now with leaked ICS. So, ICS likely won't fix it. I have an old Plantronics Voyager 835 which sounds great on both ends with my Rezound but it doesn't support A2DP and I need that feature.

I got my husband a BlueParrot Road Warrior B250 XT a few months ago because he drives a semi and a regular bluetooth headset picked up every bit of the cab and road noise and it was impossible to carry on a conversation. I was amazed at how well the noise cancellation works. I couldn't detect any noise at all. It sounded as though he were in a quiet room. It's huge and looks pretty dorky, but it does work great. I just found out they came out with the same headset that supports A2DP now. It's the XT+ (Plus being the A2DP) model. So, I decided to test my husband's headset with my Rezound. Bingo! The callers sounded better through the Parrot than directly through the handset which sounds great already. Needless to say, I'm ordering the + version of the Parrot for myself. I am hoping that the + version works as well with my Rezound as the one I tested. If not, it will be returned.

PhDCow

Reaction score
I'm also in love with the Rezound. The Razr really can't hold a candle to it, IMO. Yeah, I hate the it's been marketed as a glorified iPod. Less than a quarter of my time on the phone is spent with music. I do my research anyway, but I can see how most people would go just on the commercials and sales reps. That cracks me up especially because when I go to the VZW store, at least one of the sales reps says he/she wishes he/she had gotten a Rezound. Moto must be paying some hefty change to get the sales reps to use a Moto-focused sales pitch.

BTW, it was the same way when I had my Rhyme. The ads were stupid but that phone was/is amazing.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Yeah, I did a LOT of research (Razr, Nexus, D4) and the Pros for the Rezound killed the other phones. It wasn't even close.
It's fast, the screen is about the best you can get right now, the camera is the best camera I have seen on a smart phone, the phone itself is a nice size. I'm not a huge fan of the huge screens...when you get to a certain size, bigger is no longer better. The thing still has to fit in your pocket and be easy to hold and use with one hand.

PLUS, I got it for $79. The included earbuds alone sell for about that.

No brainer.
It's just a great, great phone.
The only issue I was semi-concerned about was the battery life. But I got the extended battery at the same time as the phone, and it's been great. I easily get through a full day (18 hours or so) on moderate use and I usually have about 40% or so left.

corki2

Reaction score
I researched quite a bit before I got my Rezound also. When I went to get it, I told the sales guy I wanted a Rezound. He asks me if I've seen the new Razr and did his best to sell me on it. When he finally realized I was not budging from my decision he admitted that they were selling a lot of Rezounds and few Razr's. I went back when the Nexus came out and checked it out before my 30 days were up. I was not impressed with the Nexus screen or build.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I hadn't even heard of the Rezound before I started doing research when my D2 was acting up.
I considered the usual suspects...the Nexus, the Razr, and I considered the D4 because I like the physical keyboard.
I'm glad I did my research and found the Rezound.

It's kind of like someone who wants a smart phone and doesn't do any research because THEY THINK they already know what is best...and they go out and get an iPhone. When in reality, if they would actually do the research, compare phone specs, features, and what the phone can actually do...an Android phone is the better choice for most folks.
The only way I can see an iPhone being a better solution for some people, is if they are already fully entrenched in the Apple universe and their life is in iTunes...that would be a nice fit for them I guess. It doesn't make the iPhone a better phone...just a better fit for them.