Do we have a little secret?

Snoking

Reaction score
If you poke around the forum a bit you see that people pass right over, under, behind and in front of the Rezound! "Should I get a Maxx or NG, what about the D4.

Walk in a store and chat with a sale person on VZW, RAZZ this or RAZZ that.

Guess it is our secret!

Hello! I'm over here in the HTC section!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of those secrets hidden in plain sight.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I think we do. The Rezound doesn't get any love. I blame the marketing of the phone for that. The one thing that Moto does well is marketing. HTC doesn't market phones well. And To me it looks like VZ doesn't help either. You would think that with a phone as solid as the RZ they would be shouting it from the roof tops but they marketed it as an overpriced mp3 player. And because of that fewer people own them which translates into fewer owners in here to promote them. But as I said before there is no phone that VZ has out now or has coming out that I would want over my RZ. NOT ONE!

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

cdm369

Reaction score
Best phone I have had. By far!!! Not in a hurry for my next upgrade. For me that says a lot. And that's with no ICS on it. Should only get better.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we do. The Rezound doesn't get any love. I blame the marketing of the phone for that. The one thing that Moto does well is marketing. HTC doesn't market phones well. And To me it looks like VZ doesn't help either. You would think that with a phone as solid as the RZ they would be shouting it from the roof tops but they marketed it as an overpriced mp3 player. And because of that fewer people own them which translates into fewer owners in here to promote them. But as I said before there is no phone that VZ has out now or has coming out that I would want over my RZ. NOT ONE!

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Motorola is the only company on Verizon that regularly subsidizes it's advertising with Verizon. Everyone else does their own ads and you see how far that gets them.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best phone I have had. By far!!! Not in a hurry for my next upgrade. For me that says a lot. And that's with no ICS on it. Should only get better.

You just revealed why they didn't market it. Imagine your feelings times however many that didn't sell due to marketing and that's how many new phones would not be sold.
If customers are content with what they have they won't be so itchy to upgrade, hurting phone sales revenue. Remember they have added a new $30 activation fee for upgrading existing lines so for each customer who doesn't upgrade their phone that's $30 of PURE NET PROFIT Verizon doesn't get.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's also global capable. Really the best phone on VZW.

cdm369

Reaction score
MrSmith317 said:
Motorola is the only company on Verizon that regularly subsidizes it's advertising with Verizon. Everyone else does their own ads and you see how far that gets them.

I notice that. But I despise moto products. Had a droid 2 was ok and a droid 3 that was horrible. Had problems with the earpieces not working properly on both. Call dropping/ signal issues on both. Have had 2 htc phones. Dinc 2 and rezound and they are just superior phones. Too bad vzw doesn't seem to care.

jonpearson

Reaction score
I absolutely agree I am so satisfied with the Rezound. I want to put the ics leak on it but since the ota is not that far out I'm a little hesitant....all in all best phone I've ever had

shanelive13

Reaction score
I did my homework before I rezounded. Do yours and you'll find that out off the box, few others compare. Flashing the leak was really easy and ICS will amaze you. I haven't even rooted yet (just haven't needed to)...at this point I could care less if an OTA ever comes. I think the phone and earbud combo was underpriced originally and with the competition w/ Gnex and razr decided in HTC favor, they woulda lost a ton...lol. prolly just in my head..just my cent and a half...

hoboX10

Reaction score
HTC advertised the Rezound as a media device, and people judge it on that instead of doing their own research or getting their own opinions. They don't even realize that when the Rezound was released it was pretty much the top-of-the-line phone hardware wise in the US and stayed that way until the One X phones started hitting.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
It's threads like this that make me glad I chose the Rezound. At the time (Nov 2011), it was the Nexus, Razr and Rezound as the top three phones. Shoulda seen the puzzled look on the salesman's face when I said I decided on the Rezound. He was pushing the Razr, his personal favorite. The Nexus turned out to have a multitude of problems, the Razr was quickly replaced by the Maxx, and the Rezound was the underrated, best of the bunch. When VZW offered the Rezound for $50, I thought surely that was the end of the line for the phone, but it's back up to $199. Now the better half is eligible for an upgrade July 14, and I'm hoping it will be before the shared data plans are introduced, or a subsidized upgrade is out of the question. We would lose our u/l data w/ discount plan. I still think the best choice for the next upgrade will be the Rezound, to keep things simple, rather than learn a new OS for, say, the GS3.

blackdog043

Reaction score
I dislike my Rezound, because I can't talk with an ear bluetooth!!!!!!!!!!! Everytime I have to call someone, while driving a semi, I have to pull over and hold the phone. I could be fined $2,100.00 dollars if caught holding a phone in a commercial vehicle, while driving!!!!!!!!! I hope, if ICS ever comes out, it fixes this problem. Most people tell me I cut in and out and it crackles,I have tried different bluetooth devices and it makes no difference. This phone sucks for that reason!!!!!!!!