Do we have a date for Bionic Fix Update to fix data issue?

bioniclover

Reaction score
Still havent gotten it. How long do we have to *wait

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:

mamawm

Reaction score
Do what shadez said and head on over to the news forum asapdancedroid:icon_ banana:

gthacik

Reaction score
Sucks to hear all you guys n girls having data problems. I don't live in a 4g area. I use wifi and 3g only.

mamawm

Reaction score
go up to the top of the page and click on forum. the first forum listed is the news forum.

bigtex52

Reaction score
dlo-htown, How can you make a general statement like that (" ..a bad product. It is what it is..)? My Bionic works correctly about 95% of the time(I took my original Bionic back on Day 2 for a wifi problem. No problems since.) So do my friends' Bionics. So do most of the people who post in the Bionic area of Droidforums. The 4G network is a baby taking it's first steps so there will be a few falls and skinned knees before it is ready to live up to it's potential. You may truly have a lemon, or maybe it just isn't what you were hoping for (".. because it was supposed to be a badass phone, but it's not.."), but don't try to paint the whole product line or company as a loser. Get over your disappointment and take it back. It's still in warranty if it has a genuine problem, or if it's not, you didn't take it back when you had the chance, so tell us again how you got cheated? 'Nuff whining. Back on the thread topic, when is the OTA update dropping?​

Last edited:

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
They just made the announcement tonight, so it looks like in the next week or so.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/08/droid-bionic-update-finally-on-the-way-here-is-your-massive-bug-fixer/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+DroidLife+(droid+life)

dgoakill

Reaction score
I don't understand people who have to have the most cutting edge, fresh off the line, waiting in line all night to be first in line cell phones and then gripe if there are bugs to be fixed or it takes a couple of weeks or even months to get things fixed RIGHT. Why not just wait 6 months to a year for hardware and software that has thoroughly been debugged and patched. Also, you might want to stay on the 3G path for a while longer as the 4G network has severe growing pains at this point.You'll save knashing your teeth and acquiring the phone will be way cheaper by then. Actually, evolving with the phone is part of the fun to me. The thrill of a new patch that makes the phone do new things or work better is part of the fun. I believe that feeling is what separates the Android mindset from the Crackberry and iPhone fanbois. I really do hope that both of you find what you can be happy with.

It's really very simple. If a company is going to advertise a product as being capable of doing something and then accept payment for said product. the product should preform as advertised. As long as people allow companies to get away with this behavior it's going to get worse and worse. These days there are so many things that are rushed to market and don't perform as advertised and people just accept it. It's insane. A smart phone with no data, is not a smart phone, it's just a really expensive phone. If they can't reliably provide 4g service, then don't advertise that you can or charge more based on this upgraded feature. In this case, there was no data at all, this isn't a matter of 4g growing pains, it's a matter of a phone designed to send and receive data, not doing either and we could have had a phone that did that for free.

bioniclover

Reaction score
Wait can someone help me with this. I have not rooted my phone ir anything and i have the connection problems sometimes. Is it wierd that i havent gotten the ota update yet, or should i get it in a week or so? Thanks

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Wait can someone help me with this. I have not rooted my phone ir anything and i have the connection problems sometimes. Is it wierd that i havent gotten the ota update yet, or should i get it in a week or so? Thanks

No not everyone has received it yet, give it a few days and you will be prompted on your screen to upgrade.

bioniclover

Reaction score
And sometimes my signal will go to white bars only and no network connection. Do you think the update will fix that too?