Do themes have to be compatible with ROMS?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by LiamO5991, Dec 23, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. LiamO5991

LiamO5991 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help: I am having some real trouble with themeing my HTC G1
    Basically i have only been using it for a few days but I have rooted it and got use to flashing roms, kernels, and recovery images. But one thing i am having trouble with is theming, be it with Metamorph or flashing them.
    So my main question is: 'Do themes have to be compatible with roms?'
    if so could you give me a database of themes, some answers and any other help you could provide.
    It would be a great help.
    Thanks,
  2. skylordusa1

skylordusa1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The answer is yes. Themes are first created for a specific rom. But if the theme creator wants his theme to be available for other roms. He or someone else with the creators permission will have to port his theme over to the new rom. You will experience issues if you install a custom rom and then try to install a theme that hasnt been ported to that rom yet. Check the threads within the Custom Rom that you installed. Most Custom Rom Threads will have a list of available themes or links to themes that can be installed and used with their rom.
  3. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Ratings:
    +6
    Themes are ROM-specific unless you're using an app like NinjaMorph or Metamorph. I would also imagine they're device-specific as well since no ROM is truly non-device-specific.
Search tags for this page

compatable themes for infinitum rom