Do Screen Protectors Affect Touch Screen Sensativity?

nateohio

Reaction score
Tie Broken!!!!

I'm using an SGP anti fingerprint/glare protector and I absolutely love it. In my opinion, it actually makes the screen more usable.

One bad thing about all antifingerprint/glare protectors is that it will affect the resolution of the screen. After a few days it's barely noticeable, but something to note if you care about losing a little, and I do mean little, crispness to the screen.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Don't even waste 99 cents on a screen protector. I keep my D2 and D1 naked in my pocket with my keys and change and whatnot...I cannot scratch it. The gorilla glass is ridiculously scratch resistant (PROOF). The only thing I've yet to try is taking a knife straight to it on purpose, but I honestly think it still would take some effort to scratch it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

mayank2

Reaction score
Screen protector are best for ipod touch screen,i had also ipod touch screen and its screen get effected by scratches and it really looks bad and screen is best to provide protection from scratches.

touch screen protectors

B

bthomp21

Screen protector are best for ipod touch screen,i had also ipod touch screen and its screen get effected by scratches and it really looks bad and screen is best to provide protection from scratches.

touch screen protectors

what a great comment considering this was about droid2.

anyways, a screen protector will not "effect" or affect the screens sensitivity.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I've used screen protectors since my Blackberry days and since moving to my Droid 2 about 2 months ago it doesn't harm or interfere with any touch screens at all

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
What about screen savers marked as anti-glare? Do they actually help in bright light environments like say sunshine?

Kimo91

Reaction score
Well some anti glare protectores work and some don't...I tried a few but started noticing how much each one hurt my eyes and started giving me random headaches...went back to regular screen protectors and I haven't noticed any headaches or eye strain anymore

CarolinaKSU

Reaction score
This may have been an isolated case, but I purchased a Zagg Invisible Shield and it made the proximity sensor not work anymore. So everytime I made a phone call the screen would blank out immediately. I ended up taking it to Verizon and they said apparently with the Invisible Shield they are so thick that it can mess with the sensor. Granted this was after dip**** working in the store peeled it all the way off without asking me. I am sending it back and going with the SGP Ultra Crystal per the recommendations in this thread.

Also, first post! ^_^

swati89

Reaction score
I have blackberry touch cellphone and the screen get effected by scratches and i am looking for screen protector.please recommend me .

blackberry skins

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Go with ghost armor. I got my whole phone wrapped in it to protect from scratches. Comes with a lifetime warranty. And it didn't affect my touch sensitivity on my screen at all. Just as responsive as ever. Also if u wrap your whole phone in it to protect the entire phone from scratches, you have the option to wrap the back and sides of your phone in the same clear protector as your screen, or a matte finished one for no finger prints/oil and for grip when holding the phone, or even a carbon fiber look finish for certain phones. They already come with cut outs and exact messurments for your phone and can have them professionally installed or DIY

Sent from my Fascinating Galaxy S

kptphalkon

Reaction score
To me the zagg dulls the crispness of the screen quite a lot and is unpleasant to touch. Its great for protecting minor body scratches but i tried replicating the iphone youtube test and not only were my FINGERNAIL scratches visible on the invisibleshield, they stayed visible for weeks. So much for "self healing"

Got my money back from zagg and ever since i have followed my friends advice and left the screen naked. No problems, change, keys, g/f's acryllic nails, not a scratch. You gotta remember the gorilla glass was originally made for car windows. This stuff is quite scratch/shatter resistant under normal use.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

eg146

Reaction score
I've used the anti-glare from the Verizon store with no problems. Actually made scrolling better.

It was time to remove it so I ordered a Skinomi that way I don't have to keep replacing it. Not sure how its gonna work but will post when I get it

jtrpm

Reaction score
I have ghost armor aswell on my r2d2 its amazing I put it on all my electronic devices because its impact resistant reduces glare and feels natural

P.s. they coat helicopter blades in it

eg146

Reaction score
I had Ghost Armor on my Blackberry and I think Best Buy just did a bad job putting it on b/c it peeled off and had bubbles underneath.

Otherwise it was good for the screen but I wouldn't depend on any skin to protect my phone from a fall. It just doesn't cover every part of the phone like a case does.

But maybe not everyone has motor skills problems like I do also.

frankk

Reaction score
No problem,Cell Phone Screens do not affect touch function.
%20URL]

Last edited: