Do Screen Protectors Affect Touch Screen Sensativity?

DroidSI

Reaction score
Just got the Droid 2 Global and I was going to get a screen protector. I wanted to know if that will call the touch screen to not work as well?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, not that I've noticed. I highly recommend a screen protector. The D2 uses Gorilla Glass, but you can't be too safe with a $600 phone.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi, i have a zagg screen protector and have been satisfied with it. No bubbles, lifting corners, or fingerprints but check out some of the reviews on youtube they can also be helpful. Check out the video in this thread from youtube. I found it to be helpful. Hope this can help

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-accessories/100253-screen-protector.html

Which is the difference between a quality protector and a Wal-Mart protector. I bought a Wal-Mart protector, and after three months, the corners are starting to peel up.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not totally sure but my belief is that it is the material they are made of and weather or not it will hold up when it dries out. I had the protectors from VZW before the zagg shield and the corners ended up getting lint under them and they peeled up. I don't think there is any adhesive on it because when you pull it off it leaves no sticky residue so i don't believe it is the adhesive used but mainly the material.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Hi, i have a zagg screen protector and have been satisfied with it. No bubbles, lifting corners, or fingerprints but check out some of the reviews on youtube they can also be helpful. Check out the video in this thread from youtube. I found it to be helpful. Hope this can help

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-accessories/100253-screen-protector.html

Which is the difference between a quality protector and a Wal-Mart protector. I bought a Wal-Mart protector, and after three months, the corners are starting to peel up.

The best screen protector is invisibleSHIELD. Its on the Dforums market, I have one on my D1 and have had no problems. It takes a lot of abuse with no scratching or flaring up.dancedroid

Inverse

Reaction score
Most of the Zagg fans are usually best buy shoppers who haven't really shopped around for screen protectors. It's the only premium protector that is easily available to pick up and purchase in a store outside of cheaper variants or the stock offerings at Verizon. It's convenient to get the Zagg since it's not exactly hard to find, so if you want it ~now~ go for it.

I recommend personally the SGP crystal clear. Out of all the screen protectors I've seen, it's the only one I've used that actually feels like the stock glass of the original phone. The Zagg I've seen tends to feel like a thicker piece of plastic that while I'm sure will protect the phone well, actually looks "hazy" on my friends Droid X, while also feeling like your finger is only floating over the glass.

The SGP is like, barely even there. It's so damn clear, and smooth that you can still feel that cool glass feeling on your finger when you first use your phone in the morning. I love this thing. It's pure quality.

Comes in a ultra-matte and crystal clear variant. iPhone example in the video, but the screen is the same kind.
[video=youtube;6gdGqiabtv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gdGqiabtv4&feature=channel[/video]

ronjr123

Reaction score
+1 for SGP. I have used them all and found this to be the best.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lenardroid

Reaction score
3 votes for Invisible Shield.dancedroid or you might also want to try the Skinomi Techskin Carbon Fiber.

realitybegins

Reaction score
I got a screen protected and it's always kept in a thick skinned baggie! Lol I'll post a pic and a thread sometime to explain why. Anyways even with the screen protector and baggie the sensitivity is just fine. (Smiles)

thoughts.com/realitybegins

NJzFinestG

Reaction score
privacy screen protectors affect the 4 navigation icons on the bottom of the phone. concept is there but its wayy to thick. im using a insten clear screen protector and have no problems. no bubbles or flaring what so ever. and its only like $2.

K20turbo

Reaction score
Most of the Zagg fans are usually best buy shoppers who haven't really shopped around for screen protectors. It's the only premium protector that is easily available to pick up and purchase in a store outside of cheaper variants or the stock offerings at Verizon. It's convenient to get the Zagg since it's not exactly hard to find, so if you want it ~now~ go for it.

I recommend personally the SGP crystal clear. Out of all the screen protectors I've seen, it's the only one I've used that actually feels like the stock glass of the original phone. The Zagg I've seen tends to feel like a thicker piece of plastic that while I'm sure will protect the phone well, actually looks "hazy" on my friends Droid X, while also feeling like your finger is only floating over the glass.

The SGP is like, barely even there. It's so damn clear, and smooth that you can still feel that cool glass feeling on your finger when you first use your phone in the morning. I love this thing. It's pure quality.

Comes in a ultra-matte and crystal clear variant. iPhone example in the video, but the screen is the same kind.
YouTube - SGP Screen Shield Comparison

I second that. The sgp is very good quality supposedly from japan. It feel very nice and las if nothings there. VEry easy to install and remove bubbles.
The invisibleshield sucks. It leaves an orange peel affect to the glass and a plastic feeling. Its thick and protects a lot better though. ORange peel look sucks and more prone to bubbles.
I am using the sgp anti-glare.

so we are tie at 3 for sgp and 3 for invisible shield.
I remember when invisi shield used to offer lifetime warranty and they actually send you new shield before hand. You must then send your old one for warranty to still be valid to be active otherwise if nothing is sent back for verification purposed then your warranty is lost. Still a good deal if you wanted to grab two at price of one and not return the scond. Now their lifetime warranty is crap where you must send yours in first with receipt. I guess a lot of folks abused this idea so they changed their warranty process.

Last edited: