1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Do Screen Protectors Affect Touch Screen Sensativity?

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Accessories' started by DroidSI, Nov 29, 2010.

1. DroidSI

DroidSI New Member

Just got the Droid 2 Global and I was going to get a screen protector. I wanted to know if that will call the touch screen to not work as well?
  2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

No, not that I've noticed. I highly recommend a screen protector. The D2 uses Gorilla Glass, but you can't be too safe with a $600 phone.
  3. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

4. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

I have the anti glare & its just fine.

Aloha from Hawaii ... D2G
  5. Phone Man

Phone Man New Member

No Problems.
  6. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

Which is the difference between a quality protector and a Wal-Mart protector. I bought a Wal-Mart protector, and after three months, the corners are starting to peel up.
  7. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

I'm not totally sure but my belief is that it is the material they are made of and weather or not it will hold up when it dries out. I had the protectors from VZW before the zagg shield and the corners ended up getting lint under them and they peeled up. I don't think there is any adhesive on it because when you pull it off it leaves no sticky residue so i don't believe it is the adhesive used but mainly the material.
  8. Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996 New Member

The best screen protector is invisibleSHIELD. Its on the Dforums market, I have one on my D1 and have had no problems. It takes a lot of abuse with no scratching or flaring up.dancedroid
  9. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

2 votes Zagg Invisible Shield haha
  10. Inverse

Inverse New Member

Most of the Zagg fans are usually best buy shoppers who haven't really shopped around for screen protectors. It's the only premium protector that is easily available to pick up and purchase in a store outside of cheaper variants or the stock offerings at Verizon. It's convenient to get the Zagg since it's not exactly hard to find, so if you want it ~now~ go for it.

I recommend personally the SGP crystal clear. Out of all the screen protectors I've seen, it's the only one I've used that actually feels like the stock glass of the original phone. The Zagg I've seen tends to feel like a thicker piece of plastic that while I'm sure will protect the phone well, actually looks "hazy" on my friends Droid X, while also feeling like your finger is only floating over the glass.

The SGP is like, barely even there. It's so damn clear, and smooth that you can still feel that cool glass feeling on your finger when you first use your phone in the morning. I love this thing. It's pure quality.

Comes in a ultra-matte and crystal clear variant. iPhone example in the video, but the screen is the same kind.
  11. ronjr123

ronjr123 New Member

+1 for SGP. I have used them all and found this to be the best.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  12. lenardroid

lenardroid New Member

3 votes for Invisible Shield.dancedroid or you might also want to try the Skinomi Techskin Carbon Fiber.
  13. realitybegins

realitybegins New Member

I got a screen protected and it's always kept in a thick skinned baggie! Lol I'll post a pic and a thread sometime to explain why. Anyways even with the screen protector and baggie the sensitivity is just fine. (Smiles)

thoughts.com/realitybegins
  14. NJzFinestG

NJzFinestG New Member

privacy screen protectors affect the 4 navigation icons on the bottom of the phone. concept is there but its wayy to thick. im using a insten clear screen protector and have no problems. no bubbles or flaring what so ever. and its only like $2.
  15. K20turbo

K20turbo New Member

I second that. The sgp is very good quality supposedly from japan. It feel very nice and las if nothings there. VEry easy to install and remove bubbles.
    The invisibleshield sucks. It leaves an orange peel affect to the glass and a plastic feeling. Its thick and protects a lot better though. ORange peel look sucks and more prone to bubbles.
    I am using the sgp anti-glare.

so we are tie at 3 for sgp and 3 for invisible shield.
    I remember when invisi shield used to offer lifetime warranty and they actually send you new shield before hand. You must then send your old one for warranty to still be valid to be active otherwise if nothing is sent back for verification purposed then your warranty is lost. Still a good deal if you wanted to grab two at price of one and not return the scond. Now their lifetime warranty is crap where you must send yours in first with receipt. I guess a lot of folks abused this idea so they changed their warranty process.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  16. nateohio

nateohio New Member

Tie Broken!!!!

I'm using an SGP anti fingerprint/glare protector and I absolutely love it. In my opinion, it actually makes the screen more usable.

One bad thing about all antifingerprint/glare protectors is that it will affect the resolution of the screen. After a few days it's barely noticeable, but something to note if you care about losing a little, and I do mean little, crispness to the screen.
  17. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

Don't even waste 99 cents on a screen protector. I keep my D2 and D1 naked in my pocket with my keys and change and whatnot...I cannot scratch it. The gorilla glass is ridiculously scratch resistant (PROOF). The only thing I've yet to try is taking a knife straight to it on purpose, but I honestly think it still would take some effort to scratch it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  18. mayank2

mayank2 New Member

Screen protector are best for ipod touch screen,i had also ipod touch screen and its screen get effected by scratches and it really looks bad and screen is best to provide protection from scratches.

touch screen protectors
  19. bthomp21

bthomp21 New Member

what a great comment considering this was about droid2.

anyways, a screen protector will not "effect" or affect the screens sensitivity.
  20. Kimo91

Kimo91 New Member

I've used screen protectors since my Blackberry days and since moving to my Droid 2 about 2 months ago it doesn't harm or interfere with any touch screens at all

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page
android does screen protector affect touch screen accuracy?
do screen protectors affect touch screen sensitivity

do screen protectors affect touch screens

do screen protectors reduce sensitivity
do screen protectors reduce touch sensitivity
do screen protectors work

does a screen protector affect the touch screen

does screen protector affect sensitivity

does screen protector affect sensitivity iphone

does the screen protector affect the touch screen

how do touch screen protectors work
screen protector affect touch screen
screen protector affects touch