Do not use Themes from 1.0 in 1.5

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am getting tired of posting this so I am creating a thread and adding it as a sticky.

Unless it is included in the Toolbox or the themer states that is specifically made for 1.5, do not use it.

While the framework-res and the Services.jar were not significantly changed in this release (most of the framework work went into the framework.jar) the apps were all rebuilt..

So you will break fixes that were introduced in Liberty 1.5 like Exchange and Mms... you will also lose features such as Cytown Phone...

the Apps were all rebuilt for a reason please do not undo that work so you can run an older theme!!!

If you must have a theme from Liberty 1.0 the stay on Liberty 1.0 until the themer makes an update.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly is cytown phone? I'm on 1.5 and I don't notice anything different about the phone. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
After reading the OP I felt like I had just been yelled at for pooping on the carpet of the living room floor. Why is that ?

btw I think the only difference is in the settings.

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Cytown phone has a number of features... the most noticeable/visible one is under the settings menu and the Call Settings tab under Wireless&Network....u will see some new features like Black list, NickNames, Turnover Silence....to state a few~