Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using the EnV Touch charger at nights and my other one at work and I haven't noticed issues yet and it seems fine but this thread did an incredible job of freaking me out.

This is what I call fanning the flames of fear. The moment I saw this thread I thought "here we go again."

IMHO there is no proof of what the OP claims. I'm going to continue to use my storm charger as I am doing right now. This isn't the first time this has been brought up, probably wont be the last. But its just a theory, by no means is it a proven fact.

Well excuse me for trying to give a heads up, I wasn't trying to freak out anyone. As for proof.....this is not even about proof. I noticed what could be a potential problem with using a different charger, so I brought it to the forum's attention, which a responsible person would do. I don't know what the long term effect may be, could be nothing would happen at all, but at least its good to be informed.
Hopefully someone can confirm or at least try what I was describing before they flame me for trying to keep our droids safe. Fear and being cautious is two different things.​

sportadic22

Reaction score
I have been using my env2 charger every night.an:droideris:d seems to have no problems. when im at my computer desk for an extended time I will use the usb charger that came in the box.
no problems for me

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using the EnV Touch charger at nights and my other one at work and I haven't noticed issues yet and it seems fine but this thread did an incredible job of freaking me out.

This is what I call fanning the flames of fear. The moment I saw this thread I thought "here we go again."

IMHO there is no proof of what the OP claims. I'm going to continue to use my storm charger as I am doing right now. This isn't the first time this has been brought up, probably wont be the last. But its just a theory, by no means is it a proven fact.

Well excuse me for trying to give a heads up, I wasn't trying to freak out anyone. As for proof.....this is not even about proof. I noticed what could be a potential problem with using a different charger, so I brought it to the forum's attention, which a responsible person would do. I don't know what the long term effect may be, could be nothing would happen at all, but at least its good to be informed.
Hopefully someone can confirm or at least try what I was describing before they flame me for trying to keep our droids safe. Fear and being cautious is two different things.​
I'm sorry to hear and read you got flamed for it. I know when my Storm charger is plugged in and I try to text message someone, it gets a little sensitive on the screen and small quirks like that. I don't believe it will harm my Droid though so I continue to use it. I guess the topic title says "Do not use the Storm Charger". Maybe that is what people were referring to mostly.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I believe that the issue is when a charger (such as the Storm charger) is operating at the low end of the specs for power output. I think this due to some having no problems and others have issues.....

Just my .02

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Not siding with one person or another but I also am using a Storm charger without problem. I dont use the phone while its charging though so maybe there is something to it.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm sorry to hear and read you got flamed for it. I know when my Storm charger is plugged in and I try to text message someone, it gets a little sensitive on the screen and small quirks like that. I don't believe it will harm my Droid though so I continue to use it. I guess the topic title says "Do not use the Storm Charger". Maybe that is what people were referring to mostly.

Ok with what Vulcan had to say. If you feel you were flamed or bashed. Please hit the report button. It links the mods and admins to the thread immediately. Since I think this htread has run it's course. This thread is :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.