Do not use the Storm Charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Put me in the camp of those using the storm charger and having absolutely no problems with my Droid. Been using it since day 1 for over 5 weeks.

J

Johnly

Hit or miss I guess. I always make sure the power flux matches. Heat at contact points over time can cause some damage. There is software involved.

pdm0376

Reaction score
I am using and LG Evtouch which matches power output and it works fine.

I'm using the usb cable from the same phone as you just because it's longer for when I'm sitting at the computer doing stuff. As for the charger head, I use the droid one. No reason why one shouldn't

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also FWIW I used a s1 charger from the beginning and have 0 issues...its still at my desk

I have the same charger. It subtle, try and select contacts or if you have the gallery from 2.1 try selecting pics and putting check marks on each, then do it with the droid charger. You will see its much easier to select items . That's when its noticeable. Its a little hard to describe but this happens on my friend's droid also, he didn't notice it ether, I had to show him what I meant.

I am sorry..I left my droid stock. I didn't root or add the 2.1 apk. I didn;t see the point. If I had a Storm still. I am certain I would have done it. That's the beauty of this device for me. It works right ot of the box.

crspang

Reaction score
I've noticed my Droid will sometimes mysteriously start scrolling down when I try to select an item and I've never used anything but the stock Droid charger.

moosc

Reaction score
my droid is great using my storm1 charger since birth no problems at the cable is not different and most plugs are the same.

ktruba

Reaction score
I've been using the EnV Touch charger at nights and my other one at work and I haven't noticed issues yet and it seems fine but this thread did an incredible job of freaking me out.

filterbox

Reaction score
I've been using the stock charger and a USB extension cable I had laying around and it's worked fine.

Should look into one of those if you're using a different charger because the cord is ridiculously short.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using the EnV Touch charger at nights and my other one at work and I haven't noticed issues yet and it seems fine but this thread did an incredible job of freaking me out.

This is what I call fanning the flames of fear. The moment I saw this thread I thought "here we go again."

IMHO there is no proof of what the OP claims. I'm going to continue to use my storm charger as I am doing right now. This isn't the first time this has been brought up, probably wont be the last. But its just a theory, by no means is it a proven fact.

Mayze

Reaction score
I've been using my Storm 1 charger since day 1 for no less than 7 hours a day at my job with no problems whatsoever. It's my radio all day so I just keep it plugged in.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Ive been useing my storm car charger when needed, but at home I use the reg droid charger, I hope I dont mess it up

OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also FWIW I used a s1 charger from the beginning and have 0 issues...its still at my desk

I have the same charger. It subtle, try and select contacts or if you have the gallery from 2.1 try selecting pics and putting check marks on each, then do it with the droid charger. You will see its much easier to select items . That's when its noticeable. Its a little hard to describe but this happens on my friend's droid also, he didn't notice it ether, I had to show him what I meant.

I am sorry..I left my droid stock. I didn't root or add the 2.1 apk. I didn;t see the point. If I had a Storm still. I am certain I would have done it. That's the beauty of this device for me. It works right ot of the box.

Stock here also,I didn't root. I'm just using the Gallery that was ported from 2.1 that works with 2.0.1/2.0.0

NVash

Reaction score
See, I have one Droid charger from the box and my old Dare charger. I want to use the Dare charger so I can have one charger in the house and one in my book bag at all times. However, Im afraid that will somehow mess up my Droid so I havent used the Dare charger yet. I was told by a Verizon associate that it should be fine and I think someone here even said they do it, but still Im in fear.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
See, I have one Droid charger from the box and my old Dare charger. I want to use the Dare charger so I can have one charger in the house and one in my book bag at all times. However, Im afraid that will somehow mess up my Droid so I havent used the Dare charger yet. I was told by a Verizon associate that it should be fine and I think someone here even said they do it, but still Im in fear.

i've used the dare charger since november 6 and it's all good;)

Status
Not open for further replies.