Do not use sbf after 2.3.20

CellZealot

Reaction score
TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

The solution has been posted at MDW.

We made a system only SBF file that can recover bricked units.

More will develop as well but we wanted to get this out ASAP so that we can stop the problem before too many phones get returned to VZW.

We chose to release the file directly on MDW rather than through the TBH app to avoid any appearance of exploitation.

We are happy to be the ones in a position to provide these kinds of solutions to the community despite some of the things people have said about us and our intentions.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Way to go all DEVS

Team defuse and Team Black Hat. You guys work very hard

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey CZ about my question the 2.3.20 yall putting out is it already rooted.

Joshmichael91

Reaction score

More will develop as well but we wanted to get this out ASAP so that we can stop the problem before too many phones get returned to VZW.

We chose to release the file directly on MDW rather than through the TBH app to avoid any appearance of exploitation.

We are happy to be the ones in a position to provide these kinds of solutions to the community despite some of the things people have said about us and our intentions.

when you say "system only" for that SBF what do you mean?

CellZealot

Reaction score
Um...yeah...Team Defuse members were getting help directly from P3Droid while all this has been happening.
They tested it first.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I echo PC747's comments! All of you developers rock :rockon: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
TBH and P3 deserves the credit for the SBF so congrats to them.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Um...yeah...Team Defuse members were getting help directly from P3Droid while all this has been happening.
They tested it first.

Yes, I just posted that too. I bricked my dev phone on purpose to see if the OTA and then SBF would kill it. The USB port was already shot so I figured why not. P3Droid suggested a fix. All I did was test. That's all I/we had to do with it. All props go to TBH.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Way to go, Team DeFuse!

It was not us...P3Droid...suggested something to me. All the credit goes to them. I was just one of the firsts to brick phone and he gave me the method to try.

That is class! This is what separates the Android community.

I have not tried yet...well I have but it failed and most likely to flaky USB port. Anyone get it working yet? I am trying to get the cable and USB port just right.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Hate to be a party crasher but this method will not work. There is no way to get into recovery for people who are booted right into the bootloader.

CellZealot

Reaction score
It's an SBF that is flashed from the bootloader.

Edit: New details are emerging minute by minute so I will not comment further until I am sure of my information, sorry.