Do not install maps update on your rezound

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I unfroze vznav today and activated my free 30 trial of it. Yesterday while traveling in an unfamiliar area I was using Maps and at a point where I needed to see was the exit 91A or 91B, the phone rebooted and I went right on by both A&B as a result. I ended up finding my destination using the browser and map quest while my wife drove.
Hopefully Maps will fix the reboot issue and the battery drain issue of the one or reverts back to when I uninstalled the update before my 30 days is up. If not I'll be using something other than Maps even if I have to pay to use whatever I use.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Islander53

Reaction score
Per another forum, Verizon Wireless has acknowledged the issue and working towards a solution...see below. Hopefully a fix will be released soon.

Re: Rezound resets after Google MAPS update

katieh_vzw Aug 23, 2012 1:01 PM (in response to JiveTurkey15)
Thank you to the commity for your posts!
We have lifted this issue up, and it is currently being looked at. I appreciate your patience in the matter! Your software cannot be downgraded unless you use an unauthorized version and load that to the device. Keep in mind this would void your warranty. So I would not recommend going that route. Thank you again! Your feedback is always important to correcting any issue!
Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
Report Abuse Like (0)

acejavelin

Reaction score
Per another forum, Verizon Wireless has acknowledged the issue and working towards a solution...see below. Hopefully a fix will be released soon.

Re: Rezound resets after Google MAPS update

katieh_vzw Aug 23, 2012 1:01 PM (in response to JiveTurkey15)
Thank you to the commity for your posts!
We have lifted this issue up, and it is currently being looked at. I appreciate your patience in the matter! Your software cannot be downgraded unless you use an unauthorized version and load that to the device. Keep in mind this would void your warranty. So I would not recommend going that route. Thank you again! Your feedback is always important to correcting any issue!
Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
Report Abuse Like (0)
LOL... that is funny, unless is talking about downgrading the firmware, but Maps can be easily downgraded... in fact, T-Mobile's official answer at this time is Uninstall Updates.

The answer is simple, downgrade MAPS (not Android), or upgrade Android to 4.3.605.2, either one works fine and neither option will void your warranty!

Islander53

Reaction score
LOL... that is funny, unless is talking about downgrading the firmware, but Maps can be easily downgraded... in fact, T-Mobile's official answer at this time is Uninstall Updates.

The answer is simple, downgrade MAPS (not Android), or upgrade Android to 4.3.605.2, either one works fine and neither option will void your warranty!

Just uninstall the update and it'll work fine, and wait till the next update.* This isn't carrier specific, but affects a lot of HTC devices regardless of carrier. The 4.03.605.2 build is a leaked RUU that Verizon has not pushed yet so you would not recive an OTA for that.

Last edited:

replica9000

Reaction score
Verify your version of Maps and Firmware... the issue only occurs on a combination of Maps 6.10.0 and firmware software version "3.14.605.12 710RD" (or 3.14.605.10 710RD). If you have these versions exactly, then you are the only one who does not have this issue, you must be living right!

Any other combination of software does not have this issue.

I'm on 3.14.605.12 CL372330. For me Maps 6.10.0 doesn't reboot my phone, it completely freezes everything, requiring a battery pull, or an 'adb reboot' command.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I'm on 3.14.605.12 CL372330. For me Maps 6.10.0 doesn't reboot my phone, it completely freezes everything, requiring a battery pull, or an 'adb reboot' command.
Indeed... it has been determined there are a few other combinations of ICS firmware that cause this issue, but the version you show appears to be using the 3.14.605.12 as a base ROM, is that a custom ROM?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ha....My navigation hasn't been working and I couldn't figure out why it suddenly did that when I hadn't changed anything on my phone. Oh well, decided to dive into CM9 and now not looking back.

mike7728

Reaction score
With the new. 2 ruu, maps is working pretty good. No issues to report yet.

Xander Crews

Reaction score

Katie H. doesn't know what she is talking about. :biggrin:

nikecar

Reaction score
I have to update my post. Since last week, my Maps has rebooted. cannot recall if it was pre-ICS or not, so I had to unsintall the map updates (had the latest) so it won't reboot.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Just got new maps update, 6.11. Seems to be working ok.

Yup. Me too. Released today, the 29th. Awesome.

YOU CAN SAFELY UPDATE YOUR GOOGLE MAPS APP NOW. :biggrin:

I think the thread title could be adjusted so as not to confuse folks.