Do not install maps update on your rezound

chugga31

Reaction score
Just uninstalled my updates and did a google search for google maps 6.9. Found it on XDA downloaded it now I'm back in business..

hydro556

Reaction score
As soon as I installed it, I immediately started rebooting. I unistalled the update.

Will we be able to reinstall it once it is squared away?

techguru

Reaction score
This is crazy, I've tried everything to make this happen and no reboots.
There appears to be a coorelation between those of us having heat and battery issues on our early model Rezounds since the ICS upgrade also having this problem. Newer Rezounds appear immune.

Alan

acejavelin

Reaction score
There appears to be a coorelation between those of us having heat and battery issues on our early model Rezounds since the ICS upgrade also having this problem. Newer Rezounds appear immune.

Alan
No, actually it doesn't relate at all... I have one Rezound that was brand new a month ago and it does the same thing.

One issue here is SEVERAL things happened, all within a short period of time, ICS was released publicly for the Rezound, Google Maps was updates, Google Play changed the way send out updates (deltas only instead of full APKs), and several people have tried the new 4.3.605.2 RUU. There is something related to some combination of Official ICS (3.14.605.12), the new update deltas format, the new Maps version, and/or Rezound firmware on 3.14.605.10/12. Other combinations of Rezound using other firmware (GB, 3.14.605.5, 4.3.605.x) do not have this issue with rebooting. This does not seem related to hardware revision at all.

The heat/battery issue is something else entirely, it is most likely a kernel thing since it appears in 4.3.605.2 the issues are mostly resolved.

acejavelin

Reaction score
This is crazy, I've tried everything to make this happen and no reboots.
Verify your version of Maps and Firmware... the issue only occurs on a combination of Maps 6.10.0 and firmware software version "3.14.605.12 710RD" (or 3.14.605.10 710RD). If you have these versions exactly, then you are the only one who does not have this issue, you must be living right!

Any other combination of software does not have this issue.

budlight4me

Reaction score
acejavelin said:
Verify your version of Maps and Firmware... the issue only occurs on a combination of Maps 6.10.0 and firmware software version "3.14.605.12 710RD" (or 3.14.605.10 710RD). If you have these versions exactly, then you are the only one who does not have this issue, you must be living right!

I have 6.10.0 on 4.03.605.2 710RD

flamewalker

Reaction score
I too am on the 12 ruu and the latest maps reboots my phone. Uninstalled update and it works fine. So annoying... Just release the darn v4 ota and it will fix it, Verizon!

solar

Reaction score
rooted OTA with Ruu; issue also occurs for me. I reverted to the previous version with my titanium backup for the time being. at least its not just me! :D

Islander53

Reaction score
I have the stock Rezound with the official ICS OTA 3.14.605.12. I had the same reboot issue with the Google maps update that everyone was having. I uninstalled it that same day it was released and went back to the previous version, hoping they would release an updated version. Yesterday, I had to do a soft reset during a synchronization with my pc. When the phone powered back on, it found the update of Google maps version 6.10.0 and installed it on the phone. I was about to delete it but after checking it out, it did not cause the reboot issue. However, I just used the updated Google Maps after sending this post and it failed causing a reboot....??? LOL

Last edited:

WTF??

Reaction score
Just got the ICS OTA yesterday on my non-rooted RZ and saw this thread... tested my Maps App v6.10 by opening it.
Within 30 seconds it did reboot my phone. So I went and uninistalled the updates.

Can someone be ever-so-kind to post up a new thread once there is a new Maps update that works for our ICS platform?

Islander53

Reaction score

I spoke with a Google rep this morning regarding the reboot issue. They will be looking into the issue. I'm not sure how many other Rezound owners have called but suggest that anyone having issue with the new Google map update contact Google so that it can make them aware of system wide problem.