DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPDATE your My Verizon app on your Rezound

TWC42

Reaction score
Went to Google Play on my Rezound to check for updates. Had "My Verizon" listed to update manually. Tried to update, got error 942.
Went to Google Play on my PC, found My Verizon, says it is not compatible with the Rezound.
(I made the mistake of thinking that perhaps I had to delete the old version in order for the new version to work. Wrong. I now have the factory version which doesn't work over WiFi and seems to want me to sign in every time I want to use it. I don't know how to get back to the version I had; any advice?)
Don't you love it when Verizon, again, screws up their software.

EDIT: Found "My Data Manager" on Google Play, a highly rated app that tracks data usage both on WiFi and mobile. Has a widget that shows data usage instantly. So much better than the My Verizon POS widget. (Just have to make sure it's not a battery hog). Something good came out of Verizon's incompetence.

EDIT 2: The problem with the incompatibility of My Verizon with the Rezound must have been resolved somehow in the past 24 hours. If I could figure out how to modify the title of this thread to indicate that, I would, but I can't.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Not seeing an update for My Verizon in the Play Store... current version 10.0.332 and it seems to be working fine.

There is a newer version of it on the Play Store, v10.0.390 just listed as not compatible with no option to upgrade. I am guessing that this is temporary and likely just a glitch with the Rezound and will be fixed soon, there are lots of Rezounds out there. But then again... it is Verizon... so who knows.

BTW, not seeing the old version on APKTOP or other APK repository, currently not rooted so I can't just pull it of my phone for you but I am sure someone here could.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Just got the update notification on my work Rezound, went ahead and updated (I didn't really care if it worked or not on this phone), and it works just fine, version 10.0.390.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I updated it and didn't have a problem with it. Connects with both wifi and 3g without a problem.

OP
TWC42

TWC42

Reaction score
My Verizon fixed?

They must have done something to fix it between last night and today. Last night when I went to the Google Play Store, I opened the My Verizon app and it said that it was not compatible with my device (Rezound). Just went there again, and it was compatible and I downloaded the update to the Rezound. However, I had disabled the factory version, and now the latest version is sitting there disabled. I don't know how to enable it, and I don't care to, now that I have My Data Manager installed.

acejavelin

Reaction score
They must have done something to fix it between last night and today. Last night when I went to the Google Play Store, I opened the My Verizon app and it said that it was not compatible with my device (Rezound). Just went there again, and it was compatible and I downloaded the update to the Rezound. However, I had disabled the factory version, and now the latest version is sitting there disabled. I don't know how to enable it, and I don't care to, now that I have My Data Manager installed.
Any other app is not going to give what Verizon thinks you are using, it might be close but sometimes it is far off, just like the embedded "Usage" in settings. The My Verizon App pulls its stats from VZW servers, and it is pretty accurate compared to your bill, where as another app is irrelevant if it isn't collecting information in the same way VZW is.

The app can be re-enabled by going to Settings-Apps-All and scroll to the very bottom, all disabled apps are there. Re-enable the app and reboot, should be good to go.

OP
TWC42

TWC42

Reaction score
The app can be re-enabled by going to Settings-Apps-All and scroll to the very bottom, all disabled apps are there. Re-enable the app and reboot, should be good to go.
When I went to the Google Play Store and found that the Rezound was now compatible with the My Verizon update, I clicked on the link there and it sent the update to my phone. Then when I found My Verizon in the list of disabled apps, it was the latest version, 10.0.390. There was no link to enable the app. I had to uninstall updates, which also moved the app out of the list of disabled apps. Then I went back to the Google Play Store and downloaded the update again, and it successfully installed.
I agree that the My Verizon app is accurate, as it goes to my account. But it is s-l-o-w. It doesn't keep a running tally. The widget just has the amount of data used up to the last time I checked. My Data Manager keeps an estimated running tally (besides doing a lot more to show how the data is being used). So as long as I am not approaching a limit, I prefer to keep an eye on the My Data Manager widget and use the My Verizon widget infrequently as a cross check.

OP
TWC42

TWC42

Reaction score
Any other app is not going to give what Verizon thinks you are using, it might be close but sometimes it is far off, .......
You are so right. Even after a couple of days with limited 4G use (mostly on WiFi), My Data Manager showed no Mobile Data usage, while the My Verizon widget showed increasing data usage every time I clicked on it. A lot of fluff that I don't need in My Data Manager, so I uninstalled it.