1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Do I need to wipe cache/data?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Mryank9, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Mryank9

Mryank9 New Member

Hey guys, sorry this is probably asked alot, but this is my first post on droid forums. I am rooted with BB v0.4 and I'm thinking about moving to a new ROM. Since I'm running a froyo ROM now and will be going to a different froyo ROM, do I still have to wipe data/cache? I am hoping not because I have alot of apps, settings, etc on here.

Thanks everyone
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Personally I think it is just good practice to wipe everyhting a few times before installing a new ROM or even a new version of that ROM just so that you don't have any issues. Don't wipe anyhting when flashing a theme, but surely when getting a new ROM. Also, I suggest you try out either UD8 or CM6... they are both amazing, and both ahve my Luna THeme :)
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I agree with icculusX! Anytime I switch roms, I wipe data and cache. For me, I prefer to clear the field and give the new rom a fresh slate.

Mike
  4. giant25

giant25 New Member

Ok, so if you wipe clean between new ROMs, do you manually put your apps all back on one at a time from the market or is there an easier way?
  5. mwhartman

The newer roms use your google account and access the market then download for you.

There are two excellent backup apps (Titanium and MyBackUp Pro) that you can use. Both are available in the market. If you decide to use one or both, I suggest getting the paid versions.

Mike
  6. giant25

giant25 New Member

I've used MyBackupPro (trial version only) but not for apps. Does it actually back up entire apps to your SD card and then reinstall them? Or does it note which apps you have and then re-download them all?
  7. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I like Titanium. The paid version allows for batch backups with the push of a button.

Haven't used the other one, but Titanium is the shizznizz....
  8. mwhartman

You have options to backup apps and or data on your SD card or offline. Additionally, you can select individual apps or all. When you restore you can do a batch or individual restore.

I agree with kookahdoo, Titanium is >>>>>. To me the differences the interface for MyBackUp Pro is easier. Titaniums interface leans more to the technical side, in my opinion.
Search tags for this page

do i need to erase cache and data whem installing a rom

need to clear proxy data on android

phone cache data

when do i need to wipe android