Do I need to un root for the OTA update?

03civicdx

Reaction score
Just got the new OTA update today but when I went to install it. It said software update failed. Do I need to un root to install it?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

delicious d

Reaction score
me too unrooted with gingerbreak still no go

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
root is fine but you must have all system apps/bloat on the device and no clockwork recovery

OP
03civicdx

03civicdx

Reaction score
I never deleted any system Apps or bloat the only thing I can think of is the bootstrap. How can I get rid of that? I already un rooted but its still a fail.

OP
03civicdx

03civicdx

Reaction score
Because you have to get rid of the boot strap. Might just have to sbf.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
SBF is easiest. Otherwise you would need to reroot and then use root explorer or terminal emulator to delete and rename a few files.

masters

Reaction score
I was rooted with bootstrap and didn't have problems ( unfroze all apps, but still had an updated Swype installed). I did not have Clockwork.. I was rooted with the pre-rooted 2.3.3 and had the System Recovery app ...

I did have to do pete's 1 step to re-root after the update, and used system recovery to get bootstrap back.. All is well..

OP
03civicdx

03civicdx

Reaction score
I was rooted with bootstrap and didn't have problems ( unfroze all apps, but still had an updated Swype installed). I did not have Clockwork.. I was rooted with the pre-rooted 2.3.3 and had the System Recovery app ...

I did have to do pete's 1 step to re-root after the update, and used system recovery to get bootstrap back.. All is well..

Well I unfroze all Apps and un rooted and still get a failure.