1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Do I need to supply MEID to get Insurance?

Discussion in 'ENSQUARED' started by n2_edmond, Oct 22, 2010.

1. n2_edmond

n2_edmond New Member

Folks, how many of you know what an MEID number is? If we asked you for your MEID at the time of sale would it deter you from purchasing insurance?

A Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID) is a globally unique number identifying a physical piece of CDMA mobile station equipment. After you purchase Insurance from Ensquared our team will contact you to get these details (don't worry we will help you find it). We have currently removed the requirement to supply the MEID at time of sale since we believe that most people will find it difficult to obtain and it may prevent them from purchasing. What are your thoughts?
  2. Snarkrifice

Snarkrifice New Member

Personally, I'm not against it, though I could see how some would be. I'd be more comfortable if I knew exactly why you wanted the information, but to me it's like supplying your VIN to your auto insurance company. So I'd want to know how the number was used, whether or not it was stored, and what it was tied to.

One thing to keep in mind is that with an MEID and malicious intent, someone could, at least temporarily, wreak some havoc with your service. So again, I'd prefer it not be stored, but I could see it being used to verify eligibility for a policy or something like that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. Daali

Daali New Member

I understand the need for it like the last poster. The callback after purchase has a personal touch, however, how do I know that was Ensquared calling? I didn't. However, unlikely, there is a window of opportunity there for someone to be exploited.

I'd prefer the time of sale, that way, I know who I am giving it to.
  4. elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666 New Member

i would not mind supplying this i even give it to you guys just cause...
  5. n2_edmond

n2_edmond New Member

Ensquared will release iPad and Tabet insurance in the next 60 days covering all Android powered Tablet devices both WiFi and 3G .
Search tags for this page
droid razr m esn/meid/imei

droid x esn/meid/imei

esn/meid/imei insurance
how do i gdt get a new meid number
identifying phone with esn/meid/imei
why doese my company want my meid number