Do I need to do a factory reset before ICS?

joemeigs8

Reaction score
Do I need to do one because I really don't want to have to go through the process of replacing my apps especially my music. ( which I don't pay for). So do I need to do a reset before I install ICS whenever it gets here?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Do I need to do one because I really don't want to have to go through the process of replacing my apps especially my music. ( which I don't pay for). So do I need to do a reset before I install ICS whenever it gets here?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
No you don't. Some users recommend you do claiming it is a good way to get a "clean" start on a new update/upgrade. I believe there may be some truth to that, but it is not absolutely necessary.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No you don't. Some users recommend you do claiming it is a good way to get a "clean" start on a new update/upgrade. I believe there may be some truth to that, but it is not absolutely necessary.
+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I did it on all of my maxx's last week. That's just me :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
What about launchers? I'm running Go Launcher now should I go stock before installing ICS? From what I've read no other launcher is necessary.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
What about launchers? I'm running Go Launcher now should I go stock before installing ICS? From what I've read no other launcher is necessary.

When you get ICS, I'd ditch go launcher & get Nova or Apex launchers. And it doesn't matter what launcher you're on when the update comes.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
When you get ICS, I'd ditch go launcher & get Nova or Apex launchers. And it doesn't matter what launcher you're on when the update comes.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Are they in the play store? I can't find them.

PS Ah spit I tried to side load then and was told they're not compatible. I guess we have to wait until ICS? :confused:

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
are any of you guys running the most recent razr ICS leak? the bionic leak is having an issue with lapdock & stock launcher (one of the few issues reportedly, and the only one holding me off, FXZs back to GB, totally reversible, voodoo will keep motofail through the upgrade, etc). Is the launcher an issue on razr ICS? Just curious, since now with the proc no longer underclocked on the ICS bionic leak (1.2GHZ per core stated by both setCPU and rom toolbox) the razr, bionic, maxx, and D4 will basically be clones when all have moto ICS.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
I'm on Go Launcher also and have been using it for a long (long) time...
Why do you suggest going to Nova or Apex versus Go Launcher after the update?? Just asking for a valid reason.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Guess I should've put an "imo" in there. I used go launcher too, but to me it doesn't compare to the ones I posted as far as the options.

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
Guess I should've put an "imo" in there. I used go launcher too, but to me it doesn't compare to the ones I posted as far as the options.

So which one out of the two do you fully recommend??
I don't mind trying something new once I get the update. Still nothing in GA.