Do i need to be running 5.5.893 to flash Purity?

MCSE_DROID_GEEK

Reaction score
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

No! However, I was running Purity for a few weeks on 886 ... decided to tear it back down to stock and build up after upgrading to 893. I'm a geek, wasn't having any problems before.

What I've noticed on the 893 Radio/Kernal is BATTERY LIFE INCREASE UP TO 50%!!! No lie! I watch a lot of Netflix on my BIONIC. Generally 20min show = 20% less on battery. Now, 20 min show takes up about 10-15% MAX. Was able to duplicate in other scenarios as well.

I would recommend it based on my experience. But no, it is not required.

OP
ALFdroid

ALFdroid

Reaction score
But my problem is that i previously had 5.7.893 on my phone then after trying to flash a rom it got stuck in a bootloop and i had to restore it using the 4ever root method. Now im stuck at 5.5.886 and i can no longer flash 5.7 to my phone because it still has the 5.7 kernel.( well from what i have researched i believe thats the reason). Any suggestions????

MCSE_DROID_GEEK

Reaction score
But my problem is that i previously had 5.7.893 on my phone then after trying to flash a rom it got stuck in a bootloop and i had to restore it using the 4ever root method. Now im stuck at 5.5.886 and i can no longer flash 5.7 to my phone because it still has the 5.7 kernel.( well from what i have researched i believe thats the reason). Any suggestions????

You used the R3AL3AS3D ROOT, to get it back to stock, yes? It says right on the screen that doing that takes you BACK to 883 and you then need to install the 893 OTA. Then you can go forward Purity, starting at step 1.

Hope that helped!

pstpup

Reaction score
Once there no going back

Once you update to 5.7.893, it's there for good. The kernel and baseband stay the same. What changes is the system you run. When going back to stock system you will see the updated kernel and baseband even if it says .866.