Do i need a case?

dreyankee

Reaction score
I'm getting a Droid in a couple hours and was wondering if i should pick up a case as well. I have an invisishield on my ipod touch but that is mainly for the back. I was just wondering if this phone gets scratched up at all

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
It depends a lot on how you use it and how rough you are with equipment. How long have your past cell phones lasted? Drop them often? Work in a tough environment?

I don't use a case but I'm pretty careful. I had the same cell phone for 5 years with no case and it was in as good condition when I stopped using it as it was when I bought it.

YMMV but the best indicator is past usage.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
^agreed.

Getting a case depends on the user and how well they take care of their things.

The screen itself is very scratch resistant. There's a video somewhere on this forum where a guy takes a key to the screen and no scratches. However, just the screen is that resistant, the borders, and sides of the phone aren't so lucky. The back of the phone is scratch resistant.

Hope this helps

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh yeah, I put Invisible Shield on mine, the full body kit. I didn't want a case, but wanted some extra form of protection. The phone basically looks the same except the "orange peel" effect that I'm sure you know of. The back used to be a matte black, but of course with IS on it then it's shiny, looks kinda nice actually.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Droid is Pure and Naked in my pocket....

No Dust
No Scratches

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
One more thing.

I don't think I'm very satisfied with the IS I got on. The kit doesn't protect the most vulnerable parts of the phone, the corners. The intricate pieces don't cover the corners of the phone where your phone is most likely to be hit, I found it very strange that it doesn't protect it. I'm actually thinking about getting a refund since I'm not exactly 100% satisfied. I'm definitely going to keep the screen protector on though

jthompsn

Reaction score
One more thing.

I don't think I'm very satisfied with the IS I got on. The kit doesn't protect the most vulnerable parts of the phone, the corners. The intricate pieces don't cover the corners of the phone where your phone is most likely to be hit, I found it very strange that it doesn't protect it. I'm actually thinking about getting a refund since I'm not exactly 100% satisfied. I'm definitely going to keep the screen protector on though
I just put an IS on my screen yesterday, debated wrapping the whole phone, I'm ok with just the screen being protected.

HeroNova

Reaction score
One more thing.

I wasn't satisfied with the IS I had on my Droid and I only had it on the screen. After only a few days the bottom left corner started peeling up and got progressively worse until I had to peel it off. Dust and lint was getting underneath the peel and making it look very unattractive. Perhaps it didn't fit properly.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a Droid in a couple hours and was wondering if i should pick up a case as well.
No one's going to be able to tell you. It's a judgment call that you need to make. Some use cases, some don't -- it's not a one-size-fits-all thing.

wil318466

Reaction score
I have the body glove on my phone and love it. I like the heaviness and the feel of the phone. If I drop it (and I've dropped it about 5 times) it seems solid, no problems. Glass is perfect, but I do have a very very small scratch on the metal portion around it (not sure how I got that).

Overall, I would say you dont' NEED a case, its preference. I think it was a bit slippery sometiemes though so I like the glove.

-Wil