Do i learn about Rooting? or not?

rsarno

Reaction score
Aside from the beginners guide to how its done, which im sure ill need at some point ..

just wondering if i really want to root? free tethering will deifinitely be nice, but i can live without it. Are there other advantages?

With the Froyo update sure to pop in the next few months, is it worth voiding my warranty?

And once the phone is rooted, is there no going back? I wont be able to get any updates or any service at all i guess?

ygohome

Reaction score
Aside from the beginners guide to how its done, which im sure ill need at some point ..

just wondering if i really want to root? free tethering will deifinitely be nice, but i can live without it. Are there other advantages?

With the Froyo update sure to pop in the next few months, is it worth voiding my warranty?

And once the phone is rooted, is there no going back? I wont be able to get any updates or any service at all i guess?

Depends on why you wanted to root. You can tether with your phone now without rooting by using pdanet and a usb cable. But to use wifi tethering, yeah, need to root.

While rooted, you are correct, you will not receive any OTA updates.