Do I just have bad luck, or are all Droids crap?

oapb

Reaction score
I agree. The supervisor didnt even try and suggest the options I was already given. "Im sorry about that broken phone, heres what we have in our warehouse we can give you". I wasnt asking for much, just a working phone. I never asked for the latest and greatest and was never rude or pushy. We actually had a conversation about how she thinks Buffalo is snow all year round haha. we only have 4 feet, nothing major

OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Yes. Get rid of any task killers that may be on the phone because they all drain battery. Turn off WiFi if you're not using it. Use WiFi whenever possible. Turn Sync and background data off. Kill any antivirus app you may have running. Turn GPS off.

And Verizon Wireless employees are almost all clueless. Comes from a lack of training. Take a deep breath and work with us and we may be able to keep your phone from becoming a Blackberry. :)

If this was directed toward me (my thread got semi-hijacked but such is the nature of a forum :D) I don't run a task killer, or WiFi. Sync, background data are on. I use Lookout too, I made a post about that and nobody seems to have any issues with it so far. GPS on.
Replacement #2 arrived today and so far so good, other than the vibration motor makes more noise than my previous 2 phones.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. Get rid of any task killers that may be on the phone because they all drain battery. Turn off WiFi if you're not using it. Use WiFi whenever possible. Turn Sync and background data off. Kill any antivirus app you may have running. Turn GPS off.

And Verizon Wireless employees are almost all clueless. Comes from a lack of training. Take a deep breath and work with us and we may be able to keep your phone from becoming a Blackberry. :)

If this was directed toward me (my thread got semi-hijacked but such is the nature of a forum :D) I don't run a task killer, or WiFi. Sync, background data are on. I use Lookout too, I made a post about that and nobody seems to have any issues with it so far. GPS on.
Replacement #2 arrived today and so far so good, other than the vibration motor makes more noise than my previous 2 phones.
I have an issue with lookout. It's antivirus is a resource hog. At least turn that part off.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as Verizon Employees go, I sympathize with them. People expect me to be an expert on every Android phone because I'm a moderator and I only know the Droid. These reps have to have a basic understanding of not only the different smart phones, but also the semi smart and dumb ones.

When we just had the Droid here it was much easier to be a whiz about things. Now we have a bunch of Android phones and they are different. I couldn't tell you anything about the Incredible other then I think it was a mistake calling it a Droid.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the sympathy Hook!!
You weren't wrong, its a Droid Incredible btw. :)

As far as Verizon Employees go, I sympathize with them. People expect me to be an expert on every Android phone because I'm a moderator and I only know the Droid. These reps have to have a basic understanding of not only the different smart phones, but also the semi smart and dumb ones.

When we just had the Droid here it was much easier to be a whiz about things. Now we have a bunch of Android phones and they are different. I couldn't tell you anything about the Incredible other then I think it was a mistake calling it a Droid.

DroidForums junkie!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the sympathy Hook!!
You weren't wrong, its a Droid Incredible btw. :)

DroidForums junkie!!

Who's on first? What's on second. Who's on third. No, I don't know…...

OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I have an issue with lookout. It's antivirus is a resource hog. At least turn that part off.

I do have that part turned off, from what I've read the threat of virus or malware on the android platform isn't very big. I'll probably get rid of Lookout soon, I don't think it serves any real purpose anyway.
So far so good on the newest phone. I was really hoping for another dud so I could try to convince Verizon to upgrade me :D

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I heard someone say it was useful for when you lose the phone in the sofa -- the Droid scream coming from the cushion cracks is quite useful. :blink::blink:

OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I heard someone say it was useful for when you lose the phone in the sofa -- the Droid scream coming from the cushion cracks is quite useful. :blink::blink:

Maybe so, but the other night when I thought I may have pushed my phone into a snow bank with my plow truck the last thing on my mind was "get on lookout and see if I can find my phone." Maybe I'm just short sighted :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk