do I "have" to have a google/gmail?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by KevTN, Aug 8, 2010.

1. KevTN

KevTN Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello I was reading my information on what to do to setup my X when I get it. I am really not wanting to setup a google/gmail account. Do I have to do this? I don't do facebook or anything like that either. Just my email address from my house.

Just curious....thanks
  2. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know, you can't get around not setting up a google account, well from what I know, you can but you might as well send the phone back then because you won't be able to activate or use it... If you have an existing email through gmail, use it, otherwise, set it up for the phone and forget about it, or reject the shipment..... If you don't want to setup a google/gmail account, don't get an android phone because I believe they are all the same - tey require a google/gmail account to operate.... I could be wrong and if I am, please, someone correct me.
  3. Garandhero

Garandhero Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes... you are required to have Gmail, because if you don't you are not worthy of life...

Gmail = best email client.

You're welcome.
  4. Cole_L

Cole_L New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You don't HAVE to do anything. There is very nice integration with gmail and google voice in particular. Cannot use google voice on iphone and it drives iphone users nuts. Take a look at the list of cloud based applications that google has developed and be aware that the Android OS is a google product as well. Perhaps linking them to Android is a plan?

As far as gmail, why not open an account and simply forward any gmail messages to your home email leaving copies behind on google. Then you can look at those emails via the phone as well.

Then check out the google applications and see if they are worthy of using via the phone and desktop. Painless and perhaps worthwhile.
Search tags for this page
do i have to have a google email and google phone together

do i have to have gmail for droid

do i have to use gmail with android

do i need to use google if i get an s4
do you have to have a gmail to have an android phone
do you have to have google to have an android phone
do you have to use gmail with droid
do you need to use gmail with android
why do i have to have gmail account to use plastered

why do you have to have a gmail account to use droid