Do I have a lemon?

iOSfails

Reaction score
I'm really loving my Gnex. No doubt best phone I've ever owned. And today I had remarkable 4G speeds (~17mbps down and ~ 13mbps up) however, I've experienced complete signal drop at least 3 times already today. I'm rooted and on AOKP M4 with Franco's latest kernel. Even when this was bone stock I would get signal drops in 4G abundant areas.

What's going on?

Sent from my GNex using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Verizon had some LTE trouble last week. It's probably just a result from that. My Bionic has been having some LTE signal issues as well.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You don't have a lemon. I usually get a few complete signal drops each day. Trouble with signal on the Galaxy Nexus is a widespread issue. It's so widespread in fact that there's a stickied thread devoted to it at the top of the Galaxy Nexus General Discussions page: The Official: I am having reception issues thread

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Oh really? Phew! Glad I'm not the only one here. AND I'm glad I don't have a lemon haha.
Thanks all.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
You don't have a lemon. I usually get a few complete signal drops each day. Trouble with signal on the Galaxy Nexus is a widespread issue. It's so widespread in fact that there's a stickied thread devoted to it at the top of the Galaxy Nexus General Discussions page: The Official: I am having reception issues thread

My current Nexus has not once dropped signal. My first Nexus, however, dropped signal 5-12 times a day.

I personally would not stand for it dropping signal if I were you. I guarantee you will be unable to watch full YouTube videos over 4G without dropping signal constantly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:
OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
My current Nexus has not once dropped signal. My first Nexus, however, dropped signal 5-12 times a day.

I personally would not stand for it dropping signal if I were you. I guarantee you will be unable to watch full YouTube videos over 4G without dropping signal constantly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Yea, I'm getting a little fed up with it. The only reason why I'm not rushing to a VZW store is because I don't want to end up with the same problem. I've spent a lot of time and money on my Nexus. I might just wait for an update or something..I don't know.