Do I have a Faulty Phone?

nuggetdorito

Reaction score
I got my Droid 2 Global about a week ago, and have not dropped it or damaged it in any way since. At first it worked perfectly, but now no matter what I do the CPU usage is always at 100%, even if there are no applications open, and even after I edit and force close all unimportant running services. Besides that, my battery dies wayyy too quick, even after I optimized battery saving settings, and it wont charge unless I turn off the phone. I also experienced some audio difficulties when listening to music, it sounded sped up like a chipmunk, and when calling people, I couldn't hear anything they were saying. I fixed the audio problems after restarting the phone, but I want to know if this is common for all droid 2 phone owners or if I just happened to get a faulty phone? I have 30 days to return or exchange it to Verizon, should I?

Viktorr

Reaction score
IMO you should probably return the phone and get a new one. If you are having problems like that right away without rooting and ROMing then I'd say the phone is defective.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
Thats wierd, did you install a funky app thats killing your battery? how are you killing apps? task killer? what apps are you killing? If you are using task manager stop. thats unneccesary unless you have some out of control app a task killer or killing tasks from the system will do more battery killing than just letting them be. Download spare parts from the market, open it and go to battery history, other usage, partial wake usage and see whats eating what, also what are you using to see what your cpu is running at?

OP
N

nuggetdorito

Reaction score
I only know the cpu usage is at 100% because it appears in my notifications, and my phone runs really slow, but then again thats all the time.
I only use task manager to attempt to kill the programs, as well as going into settings and manually ending all running programs, but that doesnt seem to help at all.
Also, when charging my phone, it dies as its charging, even though the phone acknowledges the fact that it is indeed charging.

dbst

Reaction score
Download watchdog task manager and see if has any info of why your phone's running like that

Viktorr

Reaction score
Probably a better app to use is OSMonitor. Shows more detail of running processes. That's how I found out about my issue. Ended up SBFing my phone to fix it and using a different ROM.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App