Do droid people keep their ipods/ zunes?

unwiserflunky

Reaction score
I have an iPod classic 120g and haven't touched it much since getting my Droid. My reason is the same reason people have for going with an iPhong, I don't want to carry around 2 devices so I'll make due with what I have. I'd love to have all 80g of my music collection with me at all times but it just isn't worth the hassle of having 2 devices/chargers/earphones/headpieces at all times.

Eventually 32g microSD cards will drop in price and become more affordable. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

rednukleus

Reaction score
I still use my ipod for music because the headphone jack on my droid sucks. If anything jiggles the headphone wire in the slightest it makes noise.

I have the same issue. This disrupts its usefulness as a car music device as well. I will have to buy a dedicated music device one of these days. Even without a headphones issue, the battery life is not sufficient for me to use it for music without worrying about charging it afterward.

Takami826

Reaction score
I'm in the process of consolidating. Friend got me an iPod Touch over the weekend, so I'm unloading my Nano (I used in the car) and my Zune 2 (my take with me everywhere music) and I even still have my archos 504 which I LOVE but it's like a brick in size and weight. I'm so scared I'm gonna break that Touch though... but I don't have music or movies on Droid.

chtorr281

Reaction score
I mainly listen to podcasts rather than music. At first I way preferred my iPod Touch for how it handles podcasts. But I bought the Doggcatcher app for the Droid and it really does a nice job of downloading them. I don't have to sync with iTunes, and I can set the Droid to only download new podcasts when it's plugged into a power source so I'm not draining the battery. So each morning there are new podcasts to listen to.

I still think the iPod Touch is a more elegant media player and the sound quality is louder, so I use the iPod Touch when I'm on my mower. And it fits in my pocket slightly better so I use it at work when I'm able to. But I could easily ditch the iPod and just use the Droid for my music and podcasts. The Droid music player is very good once you get used to it, just not quite up to the level of the iPod.

The main area that keeps my iPod from collecting dust is gaming. The selection and quality is amazing, and Droid has a long way to go to compete, but I believe it will eventually (Android devices in general I mean).

Gabyskra

Reaction score
I love my Zune HD 32. Would never choose anything else for music or podcasts. It's slim, light, fast, the interface is gorgeous and I love the program on my PC.

zgruven

Reaction score
I still use my iPod for all my music. I have too much music (92 gigs) to use just one device. I do use my Droid Incredible for all my favorite bands or new music..

Reaction score
I use my zune hd 16 just about everyday. Whether it be in my car, while walking to class, working out. I will continue to use it because of zune pass. You cannot beat it. My zune has great battery life. The droid not so much when using it for things like music. I use pandora only when my zune dies and i am not somewhere to charge it.

iPirate

Reaction score
I haven't used my Zune for a second after getting my Droid. Zune > iPod though :p

M

Matth3w

I keep my Nano. I really don't find that the Droid is reliable enough to hold a charge long enough to listen to for 2 hours a day and perform it's normal functions.

Besides, it's WAY too heavy to be hitting my leg when I am on the elliptical for an hour and then run 2 miles in 13 minutes. I'd have bruises all over my leg...and I don't like to wear armbands etc, my arms swell too much when I start lifting weights after my cardio workout and it gets irritating.

DebDroid

Reaction score
I did......because I don't want to put music on my phone or drain the battery. Lol

Sileem

Reaction score
My iPod touch has been demoted to Alarm clock after I got my droid =p

grrouchie

Reaction score
As much as id love to have everything in one device I have too much music.
I am a musician with 33 gigs of music.

Im curious. Do you use your droid as your primary music player?
What is the reason? Capacity, preference, other?

i was using my droid as my movie and music player, however the ****ty headphone jack has caused me to go back to other means....

bernsy

Reaction score
I keep some tunes on my Droid. but everything is still on my Zune, wich stays connected to my car stereo at all times, unless i'm updating it