Do droid people keep their ipods/ zunes?

Reaction score
I am huge into music I am sure I have around 300 gigs of music stored on multiple external HDD. I do use my Droid as my primary music player There are some things I don't like but better than some music devices used in the past. I listen to a lot of live music and I hate that there is a pause between tracks. I am going to get a 32 gig sd card for more space.

brando56894

Reaction score
I never had an ipod/zune I always used my (dumb) cell phones as mp3 players (LG vx8300 w/2gb sdcard and then samsung alias with 2gb card). In between the two phones (about 1.5-2 years ago) I bought a Sirius Stiletto 2 because I already had sirius and wanted a player with more storage and put an 8gb sdcard in it, in addition to the 1gb internal. I thought it was a good product at first, that was until I realized that I couldnt listen to satellite radio when it was out of the dock because the internal antenna sucks. Also I could only fit about 1/3 of my music collection on it. I got my droid about 2 months ago and at first was like "damn now im going to have to carry around two huge devices" that thought quickly went away within a few hours of messing with the droid. Once my few remaining months are done I'm ditching sirius and selling the stiletto because I use slacker radio 75% of the time.

I have over 1.2 Terabytes of music

DAMN! Please tell theyre either all completely uncompressed or theyre FLAC files, otherwise thats like millions of mp3s. I only have about 25gb and I consider people that have 80-160gb to have a lot, you have a ridiculous amount lol

Mikejl

Reaction score
I'm just as attached to my Ipod Nano 3G as ever. I like to listen to audiobooks when I drive or exercise. The Droid is too bulky and heavy to strap on my arm as I exercise.

Mike

Tegamal

Reaction score
I still use my old 30gb Zune for music in my car/running/whatnot, but I use my droid for vids to share with the guys at work.

Battousai

Reaction score
I have a radio that I can put my Ipod touch in, so I put it in there. It stays in there and my eris is my portable music player.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I had a zune, still do in a drawer, should probably look into selling it but it's worth $20 tops and was a PITA to load music, etc it seemed.

I don't understand how people have 20K songs on any one player, like you have any chance of ever listening to all of those at any one point.

I consolidated everything into one thing, camera, video, phones, inet, pics, and yes, music. I have a backup of all that same stuff on my computer at home just in case.

but to each their own on music. I wish head units had Droid controls built in like they do for iPod, but bluetoof and headphone AUX works well enough for me. Hell, in the jeep, I can't listen to the radio anyways, due to big tires/no doors/ 65 mph/ and me being hard of hearing from being THAT punk kid with all the bass in my car (sorry) I have to listen to the music in the jeep via earbuds

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I have over 1.2 Terabytes of music...

nowai128640902042351874.jpg

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I DJ and have over 350 GB of music. I carry an iPod 160 GB classic to play in my car through my Sony deck and while I'm at the office in my Bose Soundock Portable. I have 12 GB of music along with Pandora on the Droid and I use that as a music player when I'm cycling or doing work around the house and yard. I've got a nice pair of stereo bluetooth headphones that allow me to place the Droid on a surface and then I can have my hands and arms free for doing stuff like cleaning, laundry, etc.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still keep my iPod touch for more travel listening since It's 32 gb. however, with Android Froyo's addition/implementation of music streaming I may not need it anymore.

I made the COSTLY mistake of buying the "upgraded" iPod touch 3G last fall (it was before I even knew about android :\ ). Atleast I get to play around with the new iphone OS. As far as apps go I'm focusing on android now!

htbyron

Reaction score
The Droid is a poor substitute for a really good music player. Playback is spotty, with lots of pauses/gaps/skips and sub-par sound quality. I keep a minimal amount of music on my Droid -- probably around 5GB of albums I like to have access to wherever I am. I use it more for last.fm -- sound quality does not need to be at the highest level and the 24/7 access to the internet and last.fm's selections make this an amazing device for on-the-go listening when I don't want to listen critically but want to get a steady stream of stuff I like without thinking too hard about it.

I don't have a huge amount of music -- only around 50-60GB (in high-quality MP3 format for portable use -- about 115GB on my computer in lossless FLAC files for desktop listening). But I far prefer the sound quality of the ipod classic (80GB). It's very good from the headphone jack, and extraordinary from a line-out dock through a portable amplifier to good headphones (my favorite for portable use are Yuin Pk-1 -- earbuds that rival the sound of full-size headphones). I also have a 2G ipod nano for running (the droid is too heavy).

If you appreciate music and enjoy listening on headphones, I highly recommend the web forum head-fi -- Head-Fi.org - Headphone forums and reviews for audiophiles -- but beware: the traditional message there to newcomers is: "Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet!"

nerdbox08

Reaction score
My entire music library fits on my droid, at like 3gig. I fail, anyways...

I use it in my car and tuck in my waist band the rare occasion I go to the gym. I use web sharing to stream my music over the network to a computer when I'm at work.

I only want one device to do everything I need and I only carry one device, which is the droid. While, I've never owned an apple product nor am I a fan, they still have good products, so hats off there... They just can't offer what I need or like, so I think the droid is a good option for me long term.

Works well for me.

Reaction score
Told My Itouch to Dipset!.... I wish. My little brother dropped it in the toilet. =/ Still Not done whopping his ass lol.

Between the Studio (work) computer and personal computer at the crib im pushing about 100,000 songs.. Ish.

I'm not gonna Go by how much space its taking up because especially me being a producer and engineer at a studio, by the time i'm done mixing and mastering with effects and plugins. The session file is.. MASSIVE!... I absolutely hate compressing WAV's to mp3's....

Last edited:

UggTheThug

Reaction score
i leave my 80gb iPod in the car, and it stays there permenantly cause the radio i installed works with it nicely, other than that i use teh droid