Do any roms support the screen rotation of the accelerometer?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by shakobe33, Jul 16, 2010.

1. shakobe33

shakobe33 New Member

I'm not sure how to properly pose my question as I am new to all of this rooting stuff, but I decided I would as my this question to hopefully save some time. I originally downloaded the nondeodexed version of FRF84B and had it up and running well. It was my first experience rooting and installing anything so I was ecstatic. I loved all the new Froyo features and especially loved that I could turn the phone sideways either way and it would switch with very little lag.

Of course I then got a little more gutsy and decided I wanted to use the Purple Passion theme, but it only worked with the deodexed version. So I installed the deodexed version without wiping and everything went off perfectly. I then immediately installed the Puprple Passion theme. I love it, however I noticed that my screen no longer rotated any more as I turned the phone. I didn't know if it was the theme or not so I just decided that I would be even a little more gutsy and insta
    lBugless Beast V0.4.

I just downloaded and installed it but the screen is not rotating with the phone. I am willing to to install whichever Rom supports this feature I just wanted to know if anyone could point me in that direction to save me some time. Thanks!
  2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Are you talking about the home screen?
  3. shakobe33

shakobe33 New Member

Yes, sorry...I tried giving all pertinent information before posting but forgot one of the most important ones...
  4. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

check your settings, but in BB the screen definitely rotates.. what launcher are you using also
  5. shakobe33

shakobe33 New Member

I'm not sure what a launcher is haha. I used SPRecovery to install everything and that's all I know.

Also, I went into settings>Display and Auto-rotate screen is checked. Is there another setting I need to check?
  6. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

well if you have a different launcher you may need to edit that setting in the preferences of the launcher as well..
  7. shakobe33

shakobe33 New Member

I did some research on launchers. I am running the stock launcher. My stock OTA 2.1 update never rotated the home screen either now that I think about it. They only time it has ever rotated was when I had FRF84B.
  8. dverplank

dverplank New Member

Chevy no1 has 360 degree rotation! Like the ipad
  9. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

and works well with the stock launcher, adw, lp and oh.
Search tags for this page

revolt rom 4.3 rotation

revolt rom no rotation screen