Do any 2.1 ROMs include "fixes" Verizon was planning to release in January?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by spiff72, Feb 17, 2010.

1. spiff72

spiff72 New Member

Hey everyone - noob alert...

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether any of the special ROMs include some of the fixes that Verizon was supposed to fix in January (according to leaked documents)? See link below:

Motorola DROID and HTC DROID Eris OTA updates rumored to hit December 11? Boy Genius Report

I am hoping that some of the Activesync Exchange issues get fixed. I am tired of "Partnership/Enterprise Errors" in the calendar - hoping these might be fixed here too. See this link:

Duplicate or even triplicate entries showing up in corporate calender - Google Mobile Help

Thanks,
    Jeff
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

These custom roms that are out right now, are made by devs that hacked a 2.1 version that came from the Nexus One...so you tell me if it contains "official" fixes for the Droid....
  3. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

As nate pointed out; custom roms are that. Custom they have nothing to with fixes of problems or any thing. In fact if they port a rom off the nexus and it is buggy on the nexus, there is a possibility it will be buggy for the droid as well. If you looking to get the 2.1 rom to take the place of the vzw ota; it is not what you think.
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Once VZW releases the official 2.1 (and root is established) then you can get a 2.1 ROM that 'fixes' any issues addressed in the update. Other than that, 2.1 ROMs now are bits and pieced together.
  5. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Exactly.....once the official OTA is in some of these dev's hands, these custom ROMs will be MUCH more stable and less buggy...

But yes right now, the 2.0.1 ROMs are a lot more higher in "quality" compared to the 2.1 ROMs
  6. spiff72

spiff72 New Member

Great - thanks for the quick replies!