Do all Verizon Android 4GLTE phones get the same speeds?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Stanwelks, that's an extremely difficult question to answer. If we were to take 10 models of the same phone right from the factory assembly line and put them all through the same battery of tests, you would wind up with 10 different scoresets. The reasons are many, but some have to do with varying internal resistances of components, and others have to do with what channels on the towers that each of them would happen to run through.

Then to add to that, some phones have faster processors than others, more RAM than others, better antennas than others, better radios than others, etc. In a nutshell, your going to get a rough evaluation of comparable speeds by exploring sites that do benchmark comparisons, but you'll also soon find that one site my wind up with different scores for that same phone than another site does. Also, it depends on what kind of data is being communicated. For instance, some phones will be better performers when browsing, some better when streaming audio or video, some better when sending data files, etc.

Generally the faster the processor, the more RAM, and the more advanced the OS (i.e. Gingerbread versus ICS versus Jelly Bean), the faster the communications speed, but that is certainly not the rule.

If you are asking whether all 4G LTE phones on the Verizon network are allowed to access the network at the same maximum throughput irrespective of brand or model, I would say the answer there is yes.