DNA Water Damage Indicator?

Haohmaru

Reaction score
Hey, so I accidentally put my phone in the wash, took it out after about 3 minutes when I noticed, but now the screen doesn't power on. Everything else works on it, but no screen. Are there water damage indicators on there if I send it back to Verizon somewhere? I didn't see any in the teardown thread, but maybe they weren't photographed?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
AFAIK, every phone has water damage indicators. And if I recall, the DNA has one that's inside the phone and the only way to see it is to tear the phone apart.

Question, did you immediately try to turn it on as soon as you took it out? You may have done more damage by turning it on immediately instead of properly drying it.

OP
H

Haohmaru

Reaction score
It was already on when it went through, I had to turn it on to turn it off. Tried this morning and the screen wouldn't turn back on ;(

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So it was off from the time you took it out til this morning?

audinutt

Reaction score
In my experiences with this type of issue the screen is now dead. Btdt with a couple other phones.

Benzart

Reaction score
Hey, so I accidentally put my phone in the wash, took it out after about 3 minutes when I noticed, but now the screen doesn't power on. Everything else works on it, but no screen. Are there water damage indicators on there if I send it back to Verizon somewhere? I didn't see any in the teardown thread, but maybe they weren't photographed?

Good luck with this.
If you look at the next thread after yours on the main page it is the "DNA Teardown" thread. More good luck

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So you effed up and want Verizon to replace your phone for you?
And we wonder why VZW always tries to give people a hard dtime when replacing a phone.
Suck it up and take responsibility for your actions.

Sorry... but someone had to say it.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
The key to phones getting wet is to never turning it on! 'I had to turn it on to turn it off?'?? I don't know about that...lol. Usually the phone turns off because of liquid hitting the circuitry. You should then immediately put it in something that can suck up moisture (please, stop with the rice) by driving to you local dollar store or dept store and get moisture removal little baggies that contain silicon beads (like the ones in a box when you buy does). Dry it out for 3 days; more is recommended. When in the baggy, rotate the device around throughout the 3-4 days. If it does not come back on, hopefully you have insurance and this will be your $99 lesson.